[Albion] Premier League 23-24/9/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The guy refereeing this Luton Wolves game is so far out of his depth he might as well be in the Mariana trench, woeful officiating.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
If Luton can't get at least a point, at home, against a 10 man Wolves, then I don't know where they get any points this season.

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Edit... 1-1

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Luton awarded a penalty. How can that be a handball? It’s cannoned off his foot at point blank range up into his arm??

Never a penalty in a million years.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hang on, are VAR just making this up as they go along?

After that dunk one we were categorically told that was an error as it hit him then bounced into his arm, same thing happens in this game and the same outcome??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Genuinely baffled by that, he’s had the ball hit at his foot from 2 yards away and up onto his arm, VAR in this country just simply isn’t fit for purpose, if they don’t even know the laws of the game why even bother? Can’t find a video of it yet.
IMG_4239.jpeg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Watching City v Forest. Did the ref bottle it when Awoniyi and Ederson went head to head and gave them a yellow card?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Luton awarded a penalty. How can that be a handball? It’s cannoned off his foot at point blank range up into his arm??

Never a penalty in a million years.
Just watched a clip of it, I think the issue is his arm being stretched out above his head. Away from his body. "Unnatural position".

It's not like it deflected off his foot and into his hand at his waist. It's far above his head. Clearly making himself bigger.

But yes, it does rather feel like they are just making it up as they go along now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
^

The law clearly states on the FA website a penalty should not be awarded, unless players try to block the ball with their arms glued to their back momentum is always going to take arms into ‘un natural’ positions (that term is bollocks btw)

By the laws of the game, it’s not a penalty, VAR are meant to uphold those otherwise what is the point of them being there?

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If Luton can't get at least a point, at home, against a 10 man Wolves, then I don't know where they get any points this season.
I'm having a rethink.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Anthony Taylor had a shocker in that Man City game. Looked really rattled and stressed. Just seen that Luton penalty; another dreadful decision. Never a handball

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Genuinely baffled by that, he’s had the ball hit at his foot from 2 yards away and up onto his arm, VAR in this country just simply isn’t fit for purpose, if they don’t even know the laws of the game why even bother? Can’t find a video of it yet.View attachment 166851

Just watched a clip of it, I think the issue is his arm being stretched out above his head. Away from his body. "Unnatural position".

It's not like it deflected off his foot and into his hand at his waist. It's far above his head. Clearly making himself bigger.

But yes, it does rather feel like they are just making it up as they go along now.
I guess the question is how immediate is 'immediately'? After all, unless it bounces of the ground/post etc - it's always going to be the next touch after a foot/head/body.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Go to about 2.30 in, for anyone who wants to see the handball incident. Hits his arm but by the laws of the game it’s quite obviously the incorrect decision.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anthony Taylor had a shocker in that Man City game. Looked really rattled and stressed. Just seen that Luton penalty; another dreadful decision. Never a handball
Bizarre. I saw that Luton had scored and thought to myself - they must have got another penalty again because they are such shite. It turns out, they actually got another DODGY penalty again!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
And even if it is a handball by the letter of the law, how is a free shot at goal a proportional punishment? Just make it an indirect free kick and at least these stupid handball decisions won't automatically result in goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports