Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-24/12/23

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
With all that money bagged from sales in the summer, it's a shame we didn't just invest a little over the norm or allow the clause in his contract to get a player like Kudus. He's clearly a player that would make a difference between finishing 6/7th and 9/10th.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With all that money bagged from sales in the summer, it's a shame we didn't just invest a little over the norm or allow the clause for a player like Kudus. He's clearly a player that would make a difference between finishing 6/7th and 9/10th.

He didn’t want to sign for us. The bright lights of Newham and a huge contract.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Well I called this wrong, thinking a poor Manchester United side would nick it in the second half because of their knack of getting results despite playing badly. I think I forgot this is Ten Hag’s team in 2023, not Ferguson’s or even Mourinho.

Absolute shithouse. No goals in 4 games now for them, or 5 of the last 6. Pretty dire considering their spend.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
West Ham have a massive budget and some good players. I’d be surprised if we finish above them even with the Moyes factor.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Wonderful pass from Paqueta for Bowen’s goal
And the second goal too, a lot harder than it looks coming onto that and playing it first time on the weaker foot with the perfect angle and weight of pass. Out of our entire team I’d only back Groß to nail that quality of pass under the circumstances

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hardly.

The club’s recruitment isn’t so disjointed that we sign a 19 year old defensive midfielder, just because our target winger goes elsewhere.
I see Baleba more as an attacking mid. Seen no evidence he's any good as a DM yet but like the way he dribbles and drives forward

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In the bbc match thread there’s a few Manure comments such as “I love Ten Hag, but ….. “.

Why? He’s garbage. Negative tactics, mass ranked defence, trying to steal 1-0 wins, loyalty to players who never found form, he spent multi-£100m’s on his own choices with a connection to Dutch football.
Getting universally slaughtered on here

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well I called this wrong, thinking a poor Manchester United side would nick it in the second half because of their knack of getting results despite playing badly. I think I forgot this is Ten Hag’s team in 2023, not Ferguson’s or even Mourinho.

Absolute shithouse. No goals in 4 games now for them, or 5 of the last 6. Pretty dire considering their spend.
And they're not even playing us soon - for us to give a team on a poor run some points and confidence!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£38m fee + add ons.
Guessing websites say £90k a week for 5 years + 1 year option. Not sure if Bloom takes £63m punts on players from another league?
We were clearly in for him though and had an offer accepted at £25M+ right so must have been pretty confident. Shame we couldn’t get it done but suspect we were ever only a pawn for a bigger move

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
£38m fee + add ons.
Guessing websites say £90k a week for 5 years + 1 year option. Not sure if Bloom takes £63m punts on players from another league?
You could argue paying £30m for Joao Pedro was just as much of a punt. In terms of contract value, isn't Lallana reportedly on £90k per week...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here