Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-24/12/23

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Fab result today (for us) and I still reckon we'll finish 8th...possibly 7th, depending on players coming back from injury. If we do, and have a continuing run in Europe, I won't be in any way disappointed. We can't 'expect' to improve our PL final position every year, although we are allowed to hope.
I'm thoroughly enjoying our ride, alongside Chelsea and Palace struggling to keep up. :)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Fab result today (for us) and I still reckon we'll finish 8th...possibly 7th, depending on players coming back from injury. If we do, and have a continuing run in Europe, I won't be in any way disappointed. We can't 'expect' to improve our PL final position every year, although we are allowed to hope.
I'm thoroughly enjoying our ride, alongside Chelsea and Palace struggling to keep up. :)
I think I voted on a NSC thread pre season to be content with a decent European run and about mid table 10th. However, now it's actually happening it is incredibly frustrating as we could be higher in the league even with our injuries.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't believe that some bloke who is a billionaire has spaffed £1.25 Billion on Man Utd ! What an idiot..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Chelsea will spend a load this window and push them closer to FFP limits meaning they have to sell HGP who actually care about the club, this downward spiral is only getting worse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chelsea will spend a load this window and push them closer to FFP limits meaning they have to sell HGP who actually care about the club, this downward spiral is only getting worse
🎶and a happy new year🎶

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1703445193014.png

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen highlights. Appreciate Jackson must be desperate to score but first miss was amazing. Chelsea were 3 against 1 defender. He shot at keeper instead of passing to either of the 2 other forwards who would have both had tap ins because keeper was no where.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And of course it is just 25% of the club, however, this subject probably needs its own thread?
Yes, just 25% of a misfiring football club and, yes, you are correct, this probably deserves its own thread. There was something I read somewhere recently that pointed out that people who strike it lucky, and do very well in a chosen career, should not necessarily be trusted to do as successfully in a completely different career...a reference point being Richard Branson with his numerous business interests...he's always there at the launch of Virgin _______ but not around when it closes down or is sold off as a loss. I have a suspicion that Mr Ratcliffe is going to get burned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here