Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-24/12/23

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just seen highlights. Appreciate Jackson must be desperate to score but first miss was amazing. Chelsea were 3 against 1 defender. He shot at keeper instead of passing to either of the 2 other forwards who would have both had tap ins because keeper was no where.
Wasn't one of them offside (ahead of Sterling) for the duration of the attack.

Symptomatic of a team who don't know what they're doing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That Jackson is absolutely shite, £32m and a he literally can’t control a ball.
How the hell did we lose twice to that lot?
He's got 7 in 16 this season. Not a bad return.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I fully understand the reasons why it's not going to happen, but has there ever been a more straightforward season for the Albion to be seriously troubling the Top Four? All those highly avoidable draws against crap opposition are starting to weigh heavily :facepalm:
Straightforward? There's four really good sides in the league, and Spurs are keeping pace with them. Yes Newcastle aren't as good as last year and Chelsea and United are continuing to be shite, but Liverpool, Villa and Spurs are a lot better and we're a weaker team even without the injuries.

Last season was far more 'straightforward', might even have done it if we hadn't had the managerial disruption in the autumn :shrug:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just seen highlights. Appreciate Jackson must be desperate to score but first miss was amazing. Chelsea were 3 against 1 defender. He shot at keeper instead of passing to either of the 2 other forwards who would have both had tap ins because keeper was no where.
That was a sterling, although Jackson was one of the potential recipients

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He's got 7 in 16 this season. Not a bad return.
I call bullshit. Those numbers are glossing over the fact he can’t do some of the basics like control or pass a football. Also including possibly the worst/spawniest hat trick I’ve ever seen at Spurs. Jackson is a great example of athlete first, footballer second; basically what Michael Owen was describing a few weeks ago.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I call bullshit. Those numbers are glossing over the fact he can’t do some of the basics like control or pass a football. Also including possibly the worst/spawniest hat trick I’ve ever seen at Spurs. Jackson is a great example of athlete first, footballer second; basically what Michael Owen was describing a few weeks ago.
This.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
When we played them in the Cup, I was astonished at how often he gave the ball away, misplaced his passes, had a poor first touch, or simply ran the ball out of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here