Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/1/23

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Another referee having to warn a captain about players surrounding the referee, just make it an instant yellow or sin bin, simple.

Every team does it I know.
I like the way he handled it….immediately called over the Fulham captain ….to give some sort of warning …wish more refs did this early….or even make it clear pre match that he’ll start handing out cards

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's irritating me that we'll have played 2 games fewer than some teams above us after this that we could be above. I know points are by no means guaranteed but it'd be great to know where we really stand at this point in the season with all played same amount of games.

When the bloody hell is the palace home game going to be rearranged (on that note)!?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's usually short arms long pockets.
Spur are 5th in net spending over the last 5 years (£331m), so they've hardly been scrimping. And they've kept hold of their talisman.

Anyone would think that Spurs fans are being a little....entitled ? :unsure:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spur are 5th in net spending over the last 5 years (£331m), so they've hardly been scrimping. And they've kept hold of their talisman.

Anyone would think that Spurs fans are being a little....entitled ? :unsure:
Oh sorry, my mistake, I was just guessing as it's usually that with Levy.
Despite the fact it's not his club, not his money.

TBH I don't really care, although Spurs losing is always enjoyable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's irritating me that we'll have played 2 games fewer than some teams above us after this that we could be above. I know points are by no means guaranteed but it'd be great to know where we really stand at this point in the season with all played same amount of games.

When the bloody hell is the palace home game going to be rearranged (on that note)!?
Odd that we didn't fit that Muff or Palace game in last midweek, with it being kept spare for Cup replays. Only thing I can think of is probably too short notice, but shirley it could've been arranged. After all, you only get about 10-11 days notice for a replay, so whats the difference.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With sides like Leicester, Leeds. West Ham Everton etc near the bottom could it be because there are no easy games as sides outside top 6 have improved

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Little point but this is why refs are so thick and shit. Goal in injury time - at least 30-45 secs out of the 3 mins to restart - blows up dead on 3 mins. So piss poor.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Little point but this is why refs are so thick and shit. Goal in injury time - at least 30-45 secs out of the 3 mins to restart - blows up dead on 3 mins. So piss poor.
I can’t tell you how much it annoys me. We’ve actually gone backwards since the World Cup, which was the perfect opportunity to improve things after how FIFA approached it (not often you can say that).

Our last two games have been prime examples. Against Liverpool in the first half, Caicedo was down getting treatment for at least two or three minutes. We then had a VAR check for the penalty. What does the ref add on? Two minutes.

Against Leicester on Saturday, several stoppages in injury time including almost a minute preparing for Maddison’s FK. I think he then actually blew up BEFORE the time he’d signalled.

Conning fans and making officials complicit in cheating (time wasting).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can’t tell you how much it annoys me. We’ve actually gone backwards since the World Cup, which was the perfect opportunity to improve things after how FIFA approached it (not often you can say that).

Our last two games have been prime examples. Against Liverpool in the first half, Caicedo was down getting treatment for at least two or three minutes. We then had a VAR check for the penalty. What does the ref add on? Two minutes.

Against Leicester on Saturday, several stoppages in injury time including almost a minute preparing for Maddison’s FK. I think he then actually blew up BEFORE the time he’d signalled.

After seeing Forests antics in the first half against us, I decided to time the stoppages in the second half with the stopwatch on my watch (sad I know, but I could see what their plan was and did it out of interest). With all their constant going to ground, rolling around, taking an AGE over every set piece etc there was just short of 9 minutes. The officials added 5.

I could've done the same with the Villa game, but couldn't be arsed. I doubt the ball was in play more than 55 minutes in either of those games.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Certainly following the pattern of our home game v Spuds
Fulham look the better side creative-wise but fall to a sucker punch from the Divemeister General then 'manage' the game

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Real football not premiershyte I know, but well done Darvel. THats like Steyning Town beating Aston Villa.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
After seeing Forests antics in the first half against us, I decided to time the stoppages in the second half with the stopwatch on my watch (sad I know, but I could see what their plan was and did it out of interest). With all their constant going to ground, rolling around, taking an AGE over every set piece etc there was just short of 9 minutes. The officials added 5.

I could've done the same with the Villa game, but couldn't be arsed. I doubt the ball was in play more than 55 minutes in either of those games.
Spot on, Forest and Villa were two of the worst for it I’ve seen in years. The thing is, it shouldn’t matter. If the refs did their job and added the time wasted on at the end, it would stop it almost overnight.

I’m generally against big changes to the rules and officiating but I do think there’s an argument for drastic changes to timekeeping.

And I know, all teams do it to an extent. Doesn’t make it right.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008

Another classic example in tonight’s game. Six minutes of injury time signalled, at least three minutes of which were stoppages. Ref played less than one minute extra.

It’s like they can’t wait to end the game as quickly as possible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Unbelievable again from Tierney there. Stoppage time injury - play started 90-30 secs. Was in play for 3 seconds and another double injury. Restarts at 92 mins on the dot. 2 throw ins spurs took 30 secs each. Another 45 secs for another injury. So should have been at least 3-4 mins to be added to additional time - played 50 seconds! Unbelievably naive and plain thick. Glad it irks you too…!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here