Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/1/24

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was a foul on the keeper by White.
Not really, as much as they think they are, keepers aren't so protected opposition players aren't allowed to stand next too them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Fair enough, I thought one of the Ultras had smuggled it out of music last period.

That drum would do my head in, a bit surprised at Arsenal.
They seem to have decided they need some cheesy song like you’ll never walk alone before the game. All holding their little scarfs up too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Keeper has got to make more of it. He just looks a bit feeble as opposed to blocked off.
Indeed the keeper just stood there, he didn't move until the ball came over. Surely he should be moving around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it is a deliberate Arteta tactic. The Palace keeper was prevented from moving by White leaning into him. One to watch in case other managers start doing it.
It's done by most, if not all managers including our own..
It's just this time the keeper was particularly inept at dealing with it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yep thats them. Embarrassing to watch the last two times I've been there.
Does that banner say "Scarves for show, pyro for a pro" in the Palace end?! They really are an odd bunch.
1000008821.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think it is a deliberate Arteta tactic. The Palace keeper was prevented from moving by White leaning into him. One to watch in case other managers start doing it.
Hardly a new tactic is it. Most clever managers get a defender in the way blocking the attacker.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They seem to have decided they need some cheesy song like you’ll never walk alone before the game. All holding their little scarfs up too.
The lyrics are interesting as if they own North London. Odd really considering they were the original franchise club. Woolwich is 13 miles away. Along with Port Vale they don't have a "place" to call home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here