Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 20-22/1/24

Jimmy Grimble

Keeps Bournemouth 6 points away from us and the longer Liverpool are in a title race the better, come crunch time they may prioritise it over the Europa League.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
West Ham and Moyes are a funny situation. On the face of it, Moyes has them high up the league for three seasons in four, and won a trophy in the other. You'd think that would be enough, yet they seem light years behind us when you watch them, yet, well, 4 points from six. They were dependent on Rice, now they are on Paqueta and Kudus. I feel Moyes record stands up well but it's built on sand. If I was a Hammer, I'd struggle to decide whether I was Moyes in or out I think. The problem is, if he gets sacked would you really trust their board to bring in the right replacement?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I heard correctly, on the wireless earlier they said West Ham haven't played an academy product in the Premier League in over 4 years.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I heard correctly, on the wireless earlier they said West Ham haven't played an academy product in the Premier League in over 4 years.
They are second in PL2, and their U18s are second in the U18 South division so maybe it a strategic (or managerial) thing……or perhaps they see the leagues as competitive things to try to win rather than player development…….they might have great development teams but lack individuals capable of stepping up :shrug:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

That's incredible if true.

Does Rice not count? He was with them from the age of 14. Or was it that they haven't given an academy player a debut in 4 years?

Edit:

Not true it seems. Mubama came through their academy and has made 6 PL apps.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
West Ham and Moyes are a funny situation. On the face of it, Moyes has them high up the league for three seasons in four, and won a trophy in the other. You'd think that would be enough, yet they seem light years behind us when you watch them, yet, well, 4 points from six. They were dependent on Rice, now they are on Paqueta and Kudus. I feel Moyes record stands up well but it's built on sand. If I was a Hammer, I'd struggle to decide whether I was Moyes in or out I think. The problem is, if he gets sacked would you really trust their board to bring in the right replacement?

Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Villa, all largely thrash to death the same players in PL games. Injuries permitting. Unimaginative, risky, a couple of players get injured and a run of bad results is possible. When Coufal was out recently Hammers fans were all over it as THE reason for non-wins. Whilst clubs such as ourselves are very used to players in the form of their life facing 6 months out, we adapt and play kids.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are second in PL2, and their U18s are second in the U18 South division so maybe it a strategic (or managerial) thing……or perhaps they see the leagues as competitive things to try to win rather than player development…….they might have great development teams but lack individuals capable of stepping up :shrug:

Or Moyes lacks courage to play them in the PL?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't want to say this but we would have to lose by 4 goals to end up 9th.

I've got us on same points as Chelsea, but Goal Difference of 5 vs 4.

Lose by 2 or more goals we'd drop below Chelsea to 9th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here