Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2-4/4/24

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The irony being Bournemouth seem to have improved after he left them.
I think everyone outside the club thought that either it would all go wrong there (especially after their start), or that they skipped the Potter step in the transition from defensive to progressive football team with Iraola.

They've been great since their poor start. Plucky.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I know it’s not this matchweek, but if Chelsea, Wolves and Burnmuff all win this weekend, we could be down to 12th by Sunday evening. And there is a reasonable chance they might. Appreciate the table is very tight with only 9 points between Fulham in 13th and manure in 6th.

I wonder how it will affect mentality if it happens falling outside the top 10 for the first time all season. We really need a huge result on Saturday.

All much of a muchness whether we finish 10th or 12th innit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brilliant result at The Bridge for Spurs and Villa …. assuming we get a 5th CL place.

A rare time where you willed a Chelsea win?

CL riches looking close. Whilst Ratcliffe and Brailsford can begin preparing for sly financial doping instead.
Time when we willed a Chelsea win? FFS, the buggers are level with us on points with a game in hand now!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I know it’s not this matchweek, but if Chelsea, Wolves and Burnmuff all win this weekend, we could be down to 12th by Sunday evening. And there is a reasonable chance they might. Appreciate the table is very tight with only 9 points between Fulham in 13th and manure in 6th.

I wonder how it will affect mentality if it happens falling outside the top 10 for the first time all season. We really need a huge result on Saturday.

Mad isn't it. Would've gone 7th had we not fluffed our lines the other night. So frustrating we were so powderpuff! And that Welbeck missed that chance at the death

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
All much of a muchness whether we finish 10th or 12th innit.
A good few million quid difference. And psychologically on players (and maybe back room staff) being a top half or a bottom half team.
I am ever the optimist but also realist and whilst a week ago, I hoped we’d be 3 points better off now having nicked a draw at Anfield and come home from London with a win, it just puts tougher games into the must win category for a higher final position.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Crikey that's news to me...I could have sworn Argentinos Juniors found him and Boca Juniors nurtured him...

Crikey that's news to me...I could have sworn Argentinos Juniors found him and Boca Juniors nurtured him...

You learn something every day
Absolutely. Fair point well made. Not going to argue with that.

Was just referring to the UK context, in which we took the risk in bringing him over and easing him into the first team gradually, rather than simply slapping him in there and seeing how it went. Was aiming for brevity because I can be a right wordy bugger when the fancy takes me.
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here