Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2-4/4/22

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Luck over 5 seasons or better recruitment (better game-changers)?

Fair play I took the piss but Dougie Freedman as director of football has had a good couple of years of signings now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Palace - that's an emphatic win against a side chasing their arch rivals for a Champions League spot.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Easy game to score some goals against next Saturday. Arsenal were atrocious and Artita's substitutions were arrogant and disrespectful.

Bring it on.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Attacking football with end products…. Goals

And

A stadium bouncing…..

Where have we gone wrong.

Did you watch it? Wasn’t all that attacking, Palace had 6 shots in total, first goal created by coming off the back of someone’s head who wasn’t looking. They absolutely took their chances though, and scored a pen. However before the 3rd Arsenal had very much a touch of the Brighton’s and missed 2 or 3 golden opportunities. Palace were very good, high intensity, never letting them settle.

We were far better at home to Arsenal though, and Chelsea for that matter. We just can’t finish.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Palace absolutely brilliant tonight. Sickening to watch. Exciting attacking players, some aggression and urgency and some depth in attackling options. Really puts to shame some of the dross we've served up while getting excited about the occasional 1-1 draw.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
AFTV made for some entertaining viewing. I hate Palace winning but the 4 numpties on that channel are comedy gold.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Attacking football with end products…. Goals

And

A stadium bouncing…..

Where have we gone wrong.

With Arsenal, on a mission to sanitise match days to a Disney experience. The family experience yes, “unsavoury elements” squeezed out since 2011 at every opportunity. Whilst Leeds, Spuds and CP to name just three absolutely thrive and even plan for a (legally) hostile welcome for visiting teams/overwhelming cauldron of noise.

Signing technicians and ones for the future, over pace merchants and aggressive players snapping into 50:50’s. Bissouma the brilliant exception, but something changed last autumn.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Did you watch it? Wasn’t all that attacking, Palace had 6 shots in total, first goal created by coming off the back of someone’s head who wasn’t looking. They absolutely took their chances though, and scored a pen. However before the 3rd Arsenal had very much a touch of the Brighton’s and missed 2 or 3 golden opportunities. Palace were very good, high intensity, never letting them settle.

We were far better at home to Arsenal though, and Chelsea for that matter. We just can’t finish.

But finishing and winning is really what its all about and we have forgotten that - just cast your minds back to playing football in the school yard ( in my time it was all tarmac) and you played with a tennis ball as you couldn't afford a proper football. Personally I was crap but it was about getting it (the ball) quickly (not necessarily nicely) to the person in front of the goal who would invariably score....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Luck over 5 seasons or better recruitment (better game-changers)?

They've recruited well. Unfortunately when a club can offer a player £6m* per year rather than £5m it gives them advantages. Might not seem like a big difference but its the difference of competing with Villa or West Ham about players rather than with Burnley.

* their numbers are not out yet but I assume the difference is going to be similar to what it has been

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They've recruited well. Unfortunately when a club can offer a player £6m* per year rather than £5m it gives them advantages. Might not seem like a big difference but its the difference of competing with Villa or West Ham about players rather than with Burnley.

* their numbers are not out yet but I assume the difference is going to be similar to what it has been

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here