Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2/11 - 3/11

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's more debatable if Sons challenge was even a yellow, than a red. . . .horrible injury. If anyone gets punished it's Ndombele barrelling in for afters surely?

All in all, a high pressure low quality game, one of the worst I've watched in the last few years, with a disproportionately high quantity of cheating too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No way was that a red for Son. It was either an unfortunate ‘studs sticking in the surface’ thing or Aurier sliding in, but not a result of Son’s challenge. Twatkinson reacted to the injury, not the foul. Quite glad there were no replays though to be honest

Looked nasty, hope he recovers as soon as he can. Shit game between two shit, nervous-looking teams. Richarlison confirmed any views from last week about him being an utter bellend.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No way was that a red for Son. It was either an unfortunate ‘studs sticking in the surface’ thing or Aurier sliding in, but not a result of Son’s challenge. Twatkinson reacted to the injury, not the foul. Quite glad there were no replays though to be honest

Looked nasty, hope he recovers as soon as he can. Shit game between two shit, nervous-looking teams. Richarlison confirmed any views from last week about him being an utter bellend.

Looks like the football authorities have no intention of reversing the red for Son. On the radio a while back, they heard that the red will be fully justified because “Son endangered an opponent when he fouled Gomes, leaving him in uncontrolled fall into Aurier”.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Looks like the football authorities have no intention of reversing the red for Son. On the radio a while back, they heard that the red will be fully justified because “Son endangered an opponent when he fouled Gomes, leaving him in uncontrolled fall into Aurier”.

Yep they have done it for the injury not the foul. But doubt Son would have been in the right mindset to play the next few games anyway

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wondered if there would be a separate thread about the tackle, which is all over Twitter.

Never a red for Son. Very poor decision from Atkinson. The injury, from what I've seen, is caused by a mixture of the tackle (yellow), the fall (unfortunate) and the slide in (probably yellow as well but borderline red).

Atkinson has got it wrong, VAR has got it wrong and there are not one, but two careers on the line. I hope Gomes recovers physically and Son recovers mentally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Idiots. Shouldn't have been a red. Every single challenge, even when cleanly winning the ball, endangers other players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brilliant celebration from Vardy flapping his wings in front of the silent scum whilst team mates cup their ears. And then the ‘we want ten’ chant. Perfect end to a great weekend of Premier League fixtures.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wondered if there would be a separate thread about the tackle, which is all over Twitter.

Never a red for Son. Very poor decision from Atkinson. The injury, from what I've seen, is caused by a mixture of the tackle (yellow), the fall (unfortunate) and the slide in (probably yellow as well but borderline red).

Atkinson has got it wrong, VAR has got it wrong and there are not one, but two careers on the line. I hope Gomes recovers physically and Son recovers mentally.

6a2010e00169a3d3c219ed15088fe2e6.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On this point - now that VAR is being used, is it still possible to appeal a red card? (Question directed to anyone, not just HWt).

Good question. I have not heard that you can't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brilliant celebration from Vardy flapping his wings in front of the silent scum whilst team mates cup their ears.
Should've had a teammate do the wing flapping, and then pulled a shotgun to shoot him down. Meanwhile his other teammates could be sat by his side, panting, and then tuck into the spirally eagle, like a pack of dogs.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Just watched the highlights of the Palace v Leicester match. They didn’t show a single effort from Palace. Shirley shum misteak?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not worth a new thread and I know it is a rotated team but Arsenal really are pony.

arsenal.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here