Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-21/8/23

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So it makes total sense that two almost identical incidents are punished in two totally different ways, cheers Howard.
Onana collides with the Wovles player and is not punished, not even by VAR. Everyone says it is wrong. This isn't one of those cases were the officials are arguing it is a subjective call and both were some how right. Every ref that provides punditry has said it was wrong. The PGMOL admitted it was wrong to not punish Onana, and apologised to Wolves for it. The referee and VAR who made the mistake were publicly stood down from their jobs this weeked because it was so clearly the wrong call.

What do expect a referee to do the next time a goalkeep collides with a forward in that way. Do you want them to make the same mistake, or do you want them to make the right call?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tim Howard has just said that after last weeks Onana incident that anything like that will be given. Appears to be a new directive. 🤷‍♂️
New directive to give a penalty for a foul, what gives?

It was a foul 10/20/30 years ago, the laws in that respect haven't changed. Last week's was obvious to everyone apart incompetent officials frightened to give a decision at OT. Today's was just as obvious.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Onana collides with the Wovles player and is not punished, not even by VAR. Everyone says it is wrong. This isn't one of those cases were the officials are arguing it is a subjective call and both were some how right. Every ref that provides punditry has said it was wrong. The PGMOL admitted it was wrong to not punish Onana, and apologised to Wolves for it. The referee and VAR who made the mistake were publicly stood down from their jobs this weeked because it was so clearly the wrong call.

What do expect a referee to do the next time a goalkeep collides with a forward in that way. Do you want them to make the same mistake, or do you want them to make the right call?
I believe we agree, to give an obvious penalty I'd have thought. The fact last week's wasn't given, the level of incompetence. Being the VAR ref has been pulled up already I'd have zero confidence the person is anywhere near good enough for the top league.

Last edited:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
New directive to give a penalty for a foul, what gives?

It was a foul 10/20/30 years ago, the laws in that respect haven't changed. Last week's was obvious to everyone apart incompetent officials frightened to give a decision at OT. Today's was just as obvious.
I think his point is/was is that the refs have been told to enforce the penalty. My bad saying “directive”

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think his point is/was is that the refs have been told to enforce the penalty. My bad saying “directive”
My point remains though last week and today has been a foul for decades, if a ref has to be reminded to give such a decision I'd suggest he's not fit for purpose.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
£177M in uncle Tony’s bank account and on the Chelsea bench 😂

Attachments

• IMG_7279.jpeg
    IMG_7279.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 51

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
hahahahahahahaha what a pile of shit 1-0 down to West Ham, WEST HAM!!!!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sitting in my hot tub just now, I whizzed forward in time, and found myself watching what I thought was Albion away to West Ham ???
Sanchez in goal, Colwill CB and on the bench Cucurella and Caicedo.
WTF :wozza:
TTF I woke up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here