Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 17-19/3/23

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone watch the game? Did they bottle it with loads of chances going to waste or were Everton good for the draw? In many ways the latter is funnier
Not sure bottled it is the right term. It was typical potter - lots of possession, touches in the opposition box, few clear cut chances, some good defensive work. I wouldn't say everton were lucky, they defended well and got forward when they could.

Edit to add:
Post match interview was also quite critical of the players.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not sure bottled it is the right term. It was typical potter - lots of possession, touches in the opposition box, few clear cut chances, some good defensive work. I wouldn't say everton were lucky, they defended well and got forward when they could.

He’s mental. This is the “passion” you don’t want. Gone within the week. No coming back from that one.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Edit to add:

Second video, literally shaking with rage. Reminds me of a particularly furious Chris Hughton? ;)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Edit to add:

Conte by name, Conte by nature
A

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is this worrying though? I mean Conte will be gone by Monday (probably by lunchtime tomorrow). Where does this leave our Italian Stallion…

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When Chelsea win the late game vs Everton, as they should do, there will be an 11 points gap from 11th to 12th.

Bottom half of the League are utter dog poo.

Chelsea 4 points behind and 2 games more - mental as it is, it is possible and on to actually finish above that vile £ club…!
My mindset is we should accept they WILL finish above us. It is surely highly likely wih all the talent they have. But let's enjoy the possibility it MIGHT just happen and how delicious it would be.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is this worrying though? I mean Conte will be gone by Monday (probably by lunchtime tomorrow). Where does this leave our Italian Stallion…
If that's the case, they will surely go for Poch. They will opt for an experienced head with CL qualification at stake.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Conte pressing the self destruct button in the post match press conference should unsettle them nicely as well
Pressing? More like a reckless two footed lunge...Great

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seeing how the Wolves manager is seen berating the 4th official, right in his face, I wonder if RDZ is being given a fair crack as he appears to only need to stare in the direction of officials to get booked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My mindset is we should accept they WILL finish above us. It is surely highly likely wih all the talent they have. But let's enjoy the possibility it MIGHT just happen and how delicious it would be.
Agreed - annoyingly I see them as the main competition for top 7. Not Fulham or Brentford - but Chelsea. Not that they’d even want the Europa conference either - but yeh they’re the ones I’m keeping a big eye on…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed - annoyingly I see them as the main competition for top 7. Not Fulham or Brentford - but Chelsea. Not that they’d even want the Europa conference either - but yeh they’re the ones I’m keeping a big eye on…
Instinctively, I agree with you. However, the models and the betting markets, neither of which have our bias don't see Chelsea as finishing above us.

FiveThirtyEight has it between Liverpool, Spurs and us for fifth with the rest well adrift...

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 23.21.01.png

The Betfair top 4 market has us well clear of Chelsea...

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 23.24.06.png

...which is backed up by the top 6 market...

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 23.23.22.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Instinctively, I agree with you. However, the models and the betting markets, neither of which have our bias don't see Chelsea as finishing above us.

FiveThirtyEight has it between Liverpool, Spurs and us for fifth with the rest well adrift...

View attachment 158487

The Betfair top 4 market has us well clear of Chelsea...

View attachment 158488

...which is backed up by the top 6 market...

View attachment 158489

Thanks - it’s good to see etc but it won’t stop my gut worry 🤣👍

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not convinced Chelsea will overhaul us.

Of their remaining league fixtures, 7 of them are against teams currently above them. Liverpool, us, Brentford & Newcastle at home and Utd, City & Arsenal away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here