[Albion] Premier League 16-26/4/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The Emperor Potter's pretty keen on learning from what we hear every gormless hang-dog shrugged-shoulders post-match interview. Maybe he could watch a vid of this game and learn something worth learning from Sean Dyche

Maybe Dyche would also get something from it, like learning how to beat Newcastle and Southampton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When did one of our players last get a league hattrick? Championship days?

Peter Ward scored 3 in an England U21 game against Norway on 31/08/77 at the Goldstone. I was there.

In terms of the Albion, a player scores three every 15 years of so.

My guesses would be:
Adrian Thorne
Peter Ward
Garry Nelson
Muzza

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Peter Ward scored 3 in an England U21 game against Norway on 31/08/77 at the Goldstone. I was there.

My guesses would be:
Peter Ward
Garry Nelson
Muzza

Murray was last one I could find: Oct 2016 against Norwich and Hemed April 2016 against Fulham.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Says the undisputed master of cherry-picking and Dunning-Kruger scale bashing footy expert THPP.

I'll take advice from you when you can sort out your crackden-esque front room and take steps towards solving your clear mental health issues matey. I genuinely wish you well. Would happily do beers with you. But you got Lunds BK prob half a mile from mum's basement. Seems to be a Uni town also. If you have to be weird, and it appears you do, why not pour your insights into your local football club, like we do on here, rather than come across as a strange stalker. You're far better than that. IMHO, like

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

My guesses would be:
Adrian Thorne
Peter Ward
Garry Nelson
Muzza

Jake Robinson, Teddy Maybank, Ian Mellor - and possibly also Bill Curry?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Newcastle and Burnley have done what we should have done and got themselves to a good safe position. We aren’t there yet!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'll take advice from you when you can sort out your crackden-esque front room and take steps towards solving your clear mental health issues matey. I genuinely wish you well. Would happily do beers with you. But you got Lunds BK prob half a mile from mum's basement. Seems to be a Uni town also. If you have to be weird, and it appears you do, why not pour your insights into your local football club, like we do on here, rather than come across as a strange stalker. You're far better than that. IMHO, like

And IMHO I find it quite flabbergasting that someone who is pretty much always wrong about everything - and when you get called out for it you say "lmao reading my old posts, get a life" - remains so certain that you are mr knowitall. Not to mention allegedly being a long term fan yet when the time is winning or drawing you are gone and silent only to show up with your "wisdom" and condescending remarks against TB, DA, GP and the players when something goes badly. You are possibly better than that but if you believe that that kind of masochistic-narcissistic behaviour makes you come across as any less weird, I think you are wrong. If you were half as knowledgeable and clever as you think you are, you'd be in GP, DA or TBs position. But you're not - you are just some guy who makes hilariously asserted comments despite being wrong over and over and over again. No wonder "learning" is a completely alien concept in your delusive mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And IMHO I find it quite flabbergasting that someone who is pretty much always wrong about everything - and when you get called out for it you say "lmao reading my old posts, get a life" - remains so certain that you are mr knowitall. Not to mention allegedly being a long term fan yet when the time is winning or drawing you are gone and silent only to show up with your "wisdom" and condescending remarks against TB, DA, GP and the players when something goes badly. You are possibly better than that but if you believe that that kind of masochistic-narcissistic behaviour makes you come across as any less weird, I think you are wrong. If you were half as knowledgeable and clever as you think you are, you'd be in GP, DA or TBs position. But you're not - you are just some guy who makes hilariously asserted comments despite being wrong over and over and over again. No wonder "learning" is a completely alien concept in your delusive mind.

Scaring me now. Tho prob not so much as scaring Potter :eek:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Murray was last one I could find: Oct 2016 against Norwich and Hemed April 2016 against Fulham.

I thought Ulloa scored a hat-trick against, I think, Huddersfield Town in 2013.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
17th at best for us then

Which is obviously not delightful but for the last five months or so its been evident that this season - yet again - staying up is what matters, and on occasions this has been far from certain. Probably not a perspective shared by everyone but for me, when you are in a relegation battle, 17th or 16th or 15th matters very little as long as the bottom three places are avoided. Hopefully the next seasons the dreams could be shaped in a different manner and things like 14th vs 12th and 45 pts vs 50 pts will be the talk of the town. This season however... just about staying up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You know a game is bad when even the commentary team are saying how awful it’s been, normally they try and twist the game into something it clearly isnt. The quality on show this season has been absolutely woeful.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Scaring me now. Tho prob not so much as scaring Potter :eek:

Lol - I've had a strikingly similar experience Tom... To be honest, it's not really that scary moreover hilarious. I've never known another poster so utterly impervious to criticism, utterly unshakable in his viewpoint - indeed he knows better than anyone, he will simply ignore any attempt at a rational riposte and tell you exactly why he's in a better position to understand things than virtually any other contributor.

Remember we're not allowed to be happy with a win and then (God forbid) be pretty cheesed off by a fairly mediocre display at say Sheff Utd... it's beyond his logic, as I would expect from a person who approaches this 'project' without any of the passion and (dare I say) love that only a true supporter can possess. He's akin to a pragmatic algorithm, who deals in fact and not the fiction wrought in the flames of a passion that can only come from a genuine allegiance.

Now I appreciate his vaunted knowledge re football from a coaching perspective, but the constant lecturing re our (the actual fans) inevitable about turns borne of blind faith vs. harsh reality I could well live without.

His is the oddest thing I've come across, he's a fan of one man - I get he's a special coach - especially in Sweden, he performed superbly over there but thus far with Swansea and us he's only hitting mediocrity.

The love in around him ('Swanny') from some, I find odd but then again if you dare to cross him (even in his head), well then you are in trouble!

This is a poster who called me an asshole for starting a thread supporting GP, after I'd been disparaging in a prior thread. A man who couldn't appreciate I might have thought about it and decided to back the manager rather than crusade for change! It is possible, you know, to relfect and change ones viewpoint - I remain gob smacked that he couldn't appreciate passions running high countered by cool reflection.

This is what football does, if you care - you will (on occasion) get it wrong but ultimately we all want the same thing... to do well, no matter the transient personnel involved.

As I say, if you're devoid of passion - how could you possibly comprehend any of it?

Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports