Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-23/01

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Guardiola, post match...

"We struggled against Brighton in the last game - they are one of the best teams for creating chances, so it has been hard for us. Maybe they are not clinical but they are good"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have said there are still question marks about Lampard, but in terms of how he has done as manager thus far:

1. 2018/19 - Derby to the Play-Off Final = over-achieved.
2. 2019/20 - Getting Chelsea to a 4th place Champions League spot and an FA Cup Final having sold Eden Hazard and whilst under a transfer embargo = over-achieved.
3. 2020/21 - 8th spot in Prem, topped group in Champions League, still in FA Cup = jury out.

Anyway, re tonight. I see Fulham are winless in their last 12 vs Man Utd, 2 draws, 10 defeats. Last time they beat them was 20009 when a certain Bobby Zamora got on the scoresheet.

Lampard didn’t over achieve at Derby.

They were in the midst of a crazy player buying and borrowing spree.

On club income of just £29m, their annual payroll costs were £47m and growing, a squad that cost £51m and growing. Lampard called in favours to get PL players in on loan - Mount, Wilson and Tomori.

FFP cheat Mel Morris and Lampard tried to blitz their way to promotion, holding significant squad advantages over almost every other club, and they still failed.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fat Frank could do with Loftus-Cheek back at the Bridge.

Before next Wednesday. Please.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Fulham look decent. They’ve given Spurs, Chelsea and now United a real game in their last three..Won’t be any easy game by any means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here