Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/10

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everton v West Ham might be one of the most "m'eh" fixtures on the calendar and looks an ideal window for me to clean the bathroom and prep the veg.

Newcastle v Spurs, on the other hand, has so much comedy potential I almost can't wait for 4.30. Two of the most entitled sets of fans in the league go head to head with each other with a real possibility of a Star of David being brandished at both the Newcastle Directors' Box and a bunch of horse-punchers with tea towels on their heads. Hilarity may ensue at any one of the three results, particularly if one of them gets gubbed.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Getting ready for Super Sunday and it's almost as if Brighton is the elephant in the room. No-one talks about us being in fourth place. I find it hilarious.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s hilarious…..two weeks ago they were all ‘false position’, ‘not getting the points we deserve’ and ‘watch us shoot up the table’. One or two more bad results and the pitchforks will be properly out - their recent performances have been poor. Beautiful :lolol:

Newcastle and Leeds (plus Norwich who are already toast) would be my dream relegation 3 this season now, with Palace in 17th on goal difference.

Leeds lad over the road from me has just reeled off a list of players who are missing, and that Bielse's genius will soon pull them well away from trouble. And we're just 'boring our way to Europe'.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Th only upside to the whole Newcastle saga is that I now have some real interest in a game that would otherwise be 'meh'

I want Newcastle to lose to eveyone. I want them to be relegated twice and end up in League 1 with a team of disinterested 'global' players on multi-million pound contracts playing without an ounce of passion in an empty stadium. I want the club to implode.

It's the least their fans (and I include Shearer as a fan) 'deserve' after their jubilant reaction to having their club sold to medieval butchers.

Bunch of entitled pricks.

(I'm on the fence on this one basically)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Leeds lad over the road from me has just reeled off a list of players who are missing'.

Yes. It’s almost as if Bielsa’s daily beasting sessions at Thorpe Arch are proving counter productive. Would would have thought that might happen? It’s like training soldiers for battle by shooting them.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes. It’s almost as if Bielsa’s daily beasting sessions at Thorpe Arch are proving counter productive. Would would have thought that might happen? It’s like training soldiers for battle by shooting them.

Ooh yes - good point. I shall pop over and taunt him some more with that thought!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

:lolol:

In a totally heterosexual way I do love you sometimes. Nail on the head.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Everton v West Ham might be one of the most "m'eh" fixtures on the calendar and looks an ideal window for me to clean the bathroom and prep the veg.

Awful so far. Perfectly summed just then up by an Everton corner that two Everton touches later ended up back with Pickford who promptly booted it upfield and out of play.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is there a stadium in England with a worse atmosphere than Goodison Park?

Hard to know from just watching on the TV but Cabbage or Carrot Road or whatever Norwich stadium is called seemed like a pretty quiet place at least yesterday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Is there a stadium in England with a worse atmosphere than Goodison Park?

There's that tale that you get your team chosen for you in Liverpool by being dipped in the Mersey and, if you come out blue you're Everton or red and you're Liverpool.

Actually I think they wait until they get to Infant School and then ask them whether they'd prefer to spend the rest of their life singing mawkishly with a flag or staring aggressively through a pole.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only a Spurs win by 8 clear goals will knock us out of the top 4 after this weeks full set of fixtures :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here