Watford v Brentford

SUNDAY 17TH APRIL
Newcastle United v Leicester City (14:15) - Sky Sports
West Ham United v Burnley (14:15)

Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 10.36.23.png

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
So, tonight we could be anywhere between 9th (a little optimistic), and 14th...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Help me out again please.
FA Cup semi on TV at 3:30 on a Saturday. I know that restrictions were dropped for Covid but have they not been reinstated to ban live 3pm KO's? No other cup game has been shown at this time so why this one?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only Brentford and Southampton can overtake us, so that would be 13th, wouldn't it?

9th. or 14th. would require some huge defeats and/or cricket score wins, so realistically we'll be 10th. to 13th.

If we win and Norwich lose it will be time for someone to set up that 'Teams that can't catch us' thread. :thumbsup:
(but realistically we might have to wait a bit longer for that)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Help me out again please.
FA Cup semi on TV at 3:30 on a Saturday. I know that restrictions were dropped for Covid but have they not been reinstated to ban live 3pm KO's? No other cup game has been shown at this time so why this one?

I'm usually across this stuff but this one is confusing - the highly unusual 3.30 KO and breaking the Sat afternoon blackout. V odd.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm usually across this stuff but this one is confusing - the highly unusual 3.30 KO and breaking the Sat afternoon blackout. V odd.

Found this https://theathletic.com/news/fa-lif...o-be-shown-at-330pm-on-saturday/xevd7fcEerhT/
They say the FA have lifted the ban as there are no other league games (below EPL). Firstly, I thought it was a government law not FA ban and secondly it was to stop people watching a bigger game than going to watch their local team in the lower leagues.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Found this https://theathletic.com/news/fa-lif...o-be-shown-at-330pm-on-saturday/xevd7fcEerhT/
They say the FA have lifted the ban as there are no other league games (below EPL). Firstly, I thought it was a government law not FA ban and secondly it was to stop people watching a bigger game than going to watch their local team in the lower leagues.

It's a UEFA rule (article 48) - but now dropped by most countries. Yes - I too thought it was to stop people not attending lower leagues, but presumably they don't count 'non-league' as lower leagues or something?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If we haven't already been sufficiently entertained today, Arsenal Fans TV looks promising for an hour's time.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Half time

Man Utd 2-1 Norwich
Southampton 1-0 Arsenal
Watford 0-1 Brentford

Not bad for us - but I'd prefer an Arsenal come-back in the 2nd. half. Realistically we can't catch The Arse, but anything that contributes to us finishing above Southampton would be very welcome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here