Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 15/2/23

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most seasons there is a team that surprises by being top or thereabouts when not expected to be, then normally between 18-26 games they slowly fall away. Last year it was Spurs, this year it’s Arsenal. The fact their fans have been so unbearable just makes it funny.
Never known anything like it. 19 years since a proper trophy, yet they thought the EPL was theirs after 18 games. WTF.

The cockiness. One of my brothers works with two Hove based contractors, all three are Arse plastics. Since August all immensely cocky that Arteta, Martinelli and Odegaard are better than the entire EPL.

Ironically it took Dyche, with a classically robust style all over the park, to burst the bubble.

They lucked out big time on NYE with no Caicedo and MacA for us, Trossard who wanted away. Their luck has finally started to even out.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sadly I suspect that both he and his bank manager are quite content with the status quo.
Hmm …not knowing Trossard - the last thing he wanted was to collect splinters in his arse in his twilight years in the PL which was why he was in such a rush to leave Brighton - could see where it was heading with Ferguson, Mitoma and Undav - I have no sympathy really - just hope he kept some of those dummies for future use - he might need them.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Most seasons there is a team that surprises by being top or thereabouts when not expected to be, then normally between 18-26 games they slowly fall away. Last year it was Spurs, this year it’s Arsenal. The fact their fans have been so unbearable just makes it funny.
Or ‘teams’ - hope that doesn’t apply to us too (but hoping very much please that it applies to Fulham! 😏)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Exactly. City may be a less palatable option on ethical grounds but give me them over Arsenal any day, the media darlings with an ignorant and entitled fanbase heavy on glory hunting plastics all over the Home Counties who are utterly dismissive of little old BHA, not to mention the Caicedo and Trossard stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly. City may be a less palatable option on ethical grounds but give me them over Arsenal any day, the media darlings with an ignorant and entitled fanbase heavy on glory hunting plastics all over the Home Counties who are utterly dismissive of little old BHA, not to mention the Caicedo and Trossard stuff.
Indeed. You don't get too many City fans around here, and any you do get know themselves that they're just plastics. Arsenal fans are just as plastic, but they've been plastic for longer, so they somehow think they're not, and there are more of the older ones around the home counties.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
AFTV is entertaining.

The reality of their position slowly dawning on them.
Since we played them I remain convinced they won't win the league, they're just not that good. They will continue to choke...

Meltdown

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Indeed. You don't get too many City fans around here, and any you do get know themselves that they're just plastics. Arsenal fans are just as plastic, but they've been plastic for longer, so they somehow think they're not, and there are more of the older ones around the home counties.
This needs updating for sure to include Arsenal 😁
B324E273-BD0D-40E6-BD46-A2C3F70E9970.jpeg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Never known anything like it. 19 years since a proper trophy, yet they thought the EPL was theirs after 18 games. WTF.

The cockiness. One of my brothers works with two Hove based contractors, all three are Arse plastics. Since August all immensely cocky that Arteta, Martinelli and Odegaard are better than the entire EPL.

Ironically it took Dyche, with a classically robust style all over the park, to burst the bubble.

They lucked out big time on NYE with no Caicedo and MacA for us, Trossard who wanted away. Their luck has finally started to even out.
I don't doubt their fans hubris. I just think they're a little bit better than you're allowing, and will certainly finish top three. IIRC, they have a run of games against teams from the lower half of the PL, before playing City again. We'll see where they are when they come out of that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't doubt their fans hubris. I just think they're a little bit better than you're allowing, and will certainly finish top three. IIRC, they have a run of games against teams from the lower half of the PL, before playing City again. We'll see where they are when they come out of that.
They're much improved over 2021/22, but almost under the radar (@Kinky Gerbils spotted this too) Kroenke has been been spending vast sums on fees/wages way above club income with zero CL income ..... so, pas surprenant.

Lots of football to come. Their fans and fanboys eg Piers Morgan made the age old mistake of supreme cockiness mid season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here