[Albion] Premier League 15-17/12/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching my TV, currently a long way away in the USA I can hardly see it (cough) Man City are throwing it away. They again have been crap 2nd half

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not really, player just collapses, most of the time game gets abandoned.
Fair enough, just remembering the most recent high profile ones Lockyer in the play offs, Eriksen in the Euros. I guess more riding on those and difficult to do on another day.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bad feeling about the palace game. They are just the type of dire defensive team we struggle against. They've got injuries back as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Xmas presents handed out early in Manchester this afternoon. What an astonishingly lucky point for Palace and frankly shocking that VAR did not rule the penalty out for a soft challenge by Mateta.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Fair enough, just remembering the most recent high profile ones Lockyer in the play offs, Eriksen in the Euros. I guess more riding on those and difficult to do on another day.
UEFA basically threatened Denmark with a 3-0 loss if they didn't agree to complete the game either that evening or the next day at noon. Players said deciding to finish the game that evening was the least bad option they had.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As night follows day.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Credit to Palace, didn’t give up. Aren’t their fans supposed to be very calm and collected when celebrating equalizing goals though?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bad feeling about the palace game. They are just the type of dire defensive team we struggle against. They've got injuries back as well.
As usual all their injuries suddenly clear up before us.

Oh well with today - its only a point - it’s still 9 points and we’ve had 4 extra Europe wins and 6 extra games ffs 🤣

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Without undermining the seriousness of the situation at Bournemouth, I hope my bet is refunded as game abandoned
I used to work in a bookies and about 30 years ago one of the punters collapsed at the counter and I kid you not someone stepped over him to get a 50p RFC on for the 2:18 at Hackney.
Funny what jogs the memory.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Luton Town boss Rob Edwards is in tears as he walks around the pitch.

He says "thank you" to the fans, taps his chest and encourages them to keep singing for Tom Lockyer before heading down the tunnel.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Burnley v Everton next.

Time was this would have been an abysmal game of turgid, soul-sucking football. Burnley's regeneration should at least mean it's a bit more open and there will be changes, though I suspect most of them will come from Everton hitting them on the break.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As usual all their injuries suddenly clear up before us.

Oh well with today - its only a point - it’s still 9 points and we’ve had 4 extra Europe wins and 6 extra games ffs 🤣
We are gonna have to give 110% in that game ... gonna be a slog. They had 4 touches in the man city box and scored 2 sounds so familiar. On the plus side they surely can't skank 2 games in a row.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports