Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 15-17/12/23

Jimmy Grimble

The only way he would also miss the return fixture is if Spurs have a bunch of first team fixtures postponed between our first match and the second. The ban applies to all domestic first team matches and it doesn't get "suspended" simply because he might not be available for selection.
For once I actually think you might be wrong!

The way he would miss the return fixture is If Mali get to the semi finals of AFCON, as I very much doubt Bissouma will be back to play for Spurs against us on 10th Feb .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The way he would miss the return fixture is If Mali get to the semi finals of AFCON, as I very much doubt Bissouma will be back to play for Spurs against us on 10th Feb .

I don't think the suspension stops if he stays in the AFCON

He will miss

Everton
Brighton
bmuff
Burnley or Man Utd if red isn't carried over to FA cup

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dyche is showing once again why he's clearly the best English manager around in my view.

Everton squad should be doing nowhere near as well as they are.

Jimmy Grimble

I don't think the suspension stops if he stays in the AFCON

He will miss

Everton
Brighton
bmuff
Burnley or Man Utd if red isn't carried over to FA cup
I know that. Read my post again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Ah, I misinterpreted what you were saying. When you posted:-

Outside chance he misses the away match too with AFCON.

I thought you were implying the PL ban would be suspended for the games he was unavailable for selection by being away for AFCON, and therefore the ban would still be in place for the return fixture (which, of course, wouldn't happen).

So yes, I agree, there is a chance he'll miss the match on Feb 10th because he will still be away with Mali.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ah, I misinterpreted what you were saying. When you posted:-

I thought you were implying the PL ban would be suspended for the games he was unavailable for selection by being away for AFCON, and therefore the ban would still be in place for the return fixture (which, of course, wouldn't happen).

So yes, I agree, there is a chance he'll miss the match on Feb 10th because he will still be away with Mali.
If Mali make the final then Biss misses 8 or 9 games between the ban and International duty depending on if Spurs reach the 4th round of the FA Cup or not. They are also likely to be missing Sarr from their central midfield too for the AFCON. Can we get a Senegal vs Mali final please.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fulham down to ten
Clearly got the ball :laugh:

IMG_6517.jpeg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Never really been a fan of Barkley, but he's impressed in a poor team this season

Should be considered ahead of Henderson/Phillips in England squad

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Roy's "compact" 6-4-0 breached in 24 minutes. Will he now unleash the 7 Palace players who would apparently get in Brighton's team or, even better, the 3 world class players they supposedly possess.
Ward off injured. Piss take that their defence has improved now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here