[Albion] Premier League 14-15/5/24

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Well that's exactly how you don't handle a potential concussion isn't it.

I honestly feel it’s going to take something dreadful happening on the pitch before concussions get taken seriously. I’d really rather teams sorted it out before that.

He was so clearly concussed, I can’t believe the medical team or the ref allowed him to stay on the pitch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All their fans wanted them to lose?

Really?

Some of the fans wanted them to lose

Same if it was a situation with Brighton and Palace.

Yeah a decent chance, only have to beat the best team in Europe?
Until Citeh scored they were really subdued . So weird…..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whereas Arsenal just hoover up all the talent. The thought of Trossard lifting the PL trophy is a pretty nauseating one.

With a £200m spend each season on fees alone. Kroenke’s trying to buy the PL.

This is 100% not an Arteta Cinderella story. Liverpool and Spurs by comparison have never spent in that range, summer after summer.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
With a £200m spend each season on fees alone. Kroenke’s trying to buy the PL.

This is 100% not an Arteta Cinderella story. Liverpool and Spurs by comparison have never spent in that range, summer after summer.
amazing how for years Arsenal were slated for not spending, now they spend, and, well......

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Or it's just an evening game?

If subdued grounds are a sign of all the home end wanting the away team to win, must be common at the Amex?
Evening games are often livelier!? It was really obviously much more subdued than usual at the ground - seemed a very strange atmosphere. I don't know one spurs fan who wanted to win that game. OK that doesnt mean all, but definitely a good majority did not want to win that game, when it meant end of champions league hopes. That could only happen to spurs!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Evening games are often livelier!? It was really obviously much more subdued than usual at the ground - seemed a very strange atmosphere. I don't know one spurs fan who wanted to win that game. OK that doesnt mean all, but definitely a good majority did not want to win that game, when it meant end of champions league hopes. That could only happen to spurs!

A good majority?

Based on?

I imagine most were like me, anything but a draw

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A good majority?

Based on?

I imagine most were like me, anything but a draw
Ah, you're a spurs fan. Now I understand why you're defending spurs do much 🙄 all the spurs fans I know wanted to lose. Most on the radio etc wanted them to lose. The ground was very subdued. That's what Im basing it on!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a strange situation. Your team if they win tonight play Sheffield united for a chance to be in the champions league and yet most of their fans wanted them to lose and the atmosphere in the ground was shocking

The players tried.

But for fans it’s different, the hatred is in the DNA. The Arsenal biased media would’ve been banging on about the vast celebrating crowd outside Islington Town Hall for a lifetime. Although Moyes can still deliver.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ah, you're a spurs fan. Now I understand why you're defending spurs do much 🙄 all the spurs fans I know wanted to lose. Most on the radio etc wanted them to lose. The ground was very subdued. That's what Im basing it on!
Yet people who were actually in the ground say the fans wanted the team to win?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
another one in the cabinet for the most boring club in the league. camera cut to their away end when haaland scored the second, nobody even looked like they really cared. another entirely hollow achievement from a club that has cheated their way to the top, continued to do so once there, and has benefited time and again from the ineptitude of the toothless wider football authorities.

at least arsenal didn’t win it though. how they managed to make themselves so unlikeable this season when city are the shysters that they are is honestly incredible. deserves a trophy of it’s own

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
another one in the cabinet for the most boring club in the league. camera cut to their away end when haaland scored the second, nobody even looked like they really cared. another entirely hollow achievement from a club that has cheated their way to the top, continued to do so once there, and has benefited time and again from the ineptitude of the toothless wider football authorities.

at least arsenal didn’t win it though. how they managed to make themselves so unlikeable this season when city are the shysters that they are is honestly incredible. deserves a trophy of it’s own

Exemplified by. Their boastfulness would’ve been off the scale.

IMG_2059.png

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I honestly feel it’s going to take something dreadful happening on the pitch before concussions get taken seriously. I’d really rather teams sorted it out before that.

He was so clearly concussed, I can’t believe the medical team or the ref allowed him to stay on the pitch.
Indeed. His first kick after the incident, he ended up falling straight on his ass. There should have been no question. He should have been straight off regardless of how much he protested.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How is it Spursy? Deary me

It's a win win

Can enjoy either result.

It's so very spursy. The manager calls out the fans and people inside the club, the fans are livid at the manager, the manager has had a bustup with a player or two, the atmosphere is a mess and the fallout from this game will haunt them for a while. All for what? You weren't beating City anyway and Arsenal keep their bragging rights. They've won the league before and will win it again, meanwhile the lack of winning mentality at Tottenham is staggering.

And all at the end of a season where it looked to the rest of us that they might have turned a corner this year. But no, still spursy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports