[Albion] Premier League 13-15/5/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Roy Hodgson must be a fairly decent manager after all, makes all the gloaters on here about his appointment look a little silly, clearly not a long term solution but certainly knows a thing or two about setting a team up that fella
Roy has always been a good manager. He has set his teams up quite defensively in recent years but that wasn't always the case. His Fulham team scored goals for fun in Europe.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Be interesting to see this on MOTD if covered

Joachim Andersen however appeared unaware Palace have little left to fight for, as he evaded a first-half red card following a lengthy video assistant referee (VAR) check after catching Jefferson Lerma in the face.

"Andersen punched Lerma in the face - Jefferson has a broken nose," Bournemouth manager Gary O'Neil told Match of the Day.

"It's difficult on the pitch to see that, but I have no idea how VAR can give it as check comple

Lineker just laughed it off, with a "heh, yeah I don't know how they missed it"

If it doesn't affect the big 6 it isn't important.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Be interesting to see this on MOTD if covered

Joachim Andersen however appeared unaware Palace have little left to fight for, as he evaded a first-half red card following a lengthy video assistant referee (VAR) check after catching Jefferson Lerma in the face.

"Andersen punched Lerma in the face - Jefferson has a broken nose," Bournemouth manager Gary O'Neil told Match of the Day.

"It's difficult on the pitch to see that, but I have no idea how VAR can give it as check complete."
Was an obvious punch. An apology issued to Bournemouth no doubt which will make everything better.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I haven't seen it but, if it was an obvious punch, what possible reason does VAR have for not acting?
On MOTD they mentioned something about how they had been told VAR didn't act because it was not a swinging arm or some such nonsense. It was actually more obvious in real time than it was in slow motion, not that that is an excuse.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I like the look of Brentford to beat West Ham's reserves (bearing in mind their huge Europa Conference League match on Thursday) with both teams to score (7/2).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Important City win today, if they drop points then the Arse will be bang up for it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Important City win today, if they drop points then the Arse will be bang up for it
I dunno, I think it might work opposite, Everton get something is good news for seeing the back of Leeds, and if Arse really think a win might get them the PL that may play into our hands as we are better against teams that have a go, than play a low block or counter.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
come on Man City ffs we don’t want Arsenal having any more motivation :lolol: absolutely sleepwalking so far

Altho an Everton win/draw would put Leeds in deep :poop:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Christ, Dyche has turned Everton into Burnley MII. I'd actually prefer them to go instead of Leeds rather than see another season of dark arts.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Everton have had a fair foot in this game, could and probably should be leading despite City playing nice football it’s been a bit drab so far.

1-0 Man City… fantastic goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports