[Albion] Premier League 13-15/5/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. We've already lost 1 game of the last 7.

So you're actually asking if we think we'll lose all 5 of our last 5 then.

The point made was that "the game at spurs is going to f*** us over big time"

and you think that's only if we lose all 5 of our remaining games?

I think you need to re-evaluate your permutations.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Beat Southampton ..and Villa and lose the rest - Brighton are definitely in Europe next season. Puts us on 61 and Villa can then only get to 60. We'll also definitely be in the Europa League if that happens if Spurs fail to win their last two.

Attachments

• withgoaldifference.png
    withgoaldifference.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 25

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So you're actually asking if we think we'll lose all 5 of our last 5 then.

The point made was that "the game at spurs is going to f*** us over big time"

and you think that's only if we lose all 5 of our remaining games?

I think you need to re-evaluate your permutations.
There's lots of points in this thread and i wasn't replying to that one

I was replying to someone else who was being very half empty because Villa had won and reflecting on Europe and i asked them - in one of the few scenarios where we don't make Europe - that would mean losing 5 or 6 games out of our last 7 and i prompted "Do you think we will ?" . Cos i think its unlikely but who knows.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's lots of points in this thread and i wasn't replying to that one

You were buddy. Your post #141: "It might but only if we lose something like 6 games of the last 7. Do you think we will ?"

was a direct reply to:

That game at spurs is going to f*** us over big time

Maybe you clicked on the wrong post by mistake?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'll tell you what. If we are temperate with our penetration, we might get a happy ending up The Arse tomorrow afternoon.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We could rock up to Villa with both of us in the Europa League if Spurs continue to implode.
That would also require Liverpool to implode as well.

Edit - actually it’s impossible, Villa can’t be that far ahead of Liverpool going into the final game of the season. It’s also not technically possible for Villa to be guaranteed European football before our game as even if they beat Liverpool next week and Spurs lose to Brentford they’d be 3 points ahead so would need at least a draw against us.

Of course no Brighton fan would object to us being involved in some draw shenanigans if Spurs are the ones who miss out.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beat Southampton ..and Villa and lose the rest - Brighton are definitely in Europe next season. Puts us on 61 and Villa can then only get to 60. We'll also definitely be in the Europa League if that happens if Spurs fail to win their last two.
".....and Villa losing the rest" ............................. you do realise that means us beating one of our bogey teams, on their own patch, in a winner takes all last game of the season, do you?

Hmmmm ...................................

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
".....and Villa losing the rest" ............................. you do realise that means us beating one of our bogey teams, on their own patch, in a winner takes all last game of the season, do you?

Hmmmm ...................................
I was at Villa Park in 2017 . It was miserable. And yes ta for reminding me.
That’s just one of the scenarios - there are plenty but you’re right none are easy. But this season we’ve slayed plenty of our demons.
For a team that have done the double over both Chelsea and Man Utd this season then fearing anything on basis it happened before is pointless (but doesn’t mean it won’t happen - ask Sean Dyche) but yeah in 2 weeks time when I get the train to Birmingham I’ll br fearing the worst.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Be interesting to see this on MOTD if covered

Joachim Andersen however appeared unaware Palace have little left to fight for, as he evaded a first-half red card following a lengthy video assistant referee (VAR) check after catching Jefferson Lerma in the face.

"Andersen punched Lerma in the face - Jefferson has a broken nose," Bournemouth manager Gary O'Neil told Match of the Day.

"It's difficult on the pitch to see that, but I have no idea how VAR can give it as check complete."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was at Villa Park in 2017 . It was miserable. And yes ta for reminding me.
That’s just one of the scenarios - there are plenty but you’re right none are easy. But this season we’ve slayed plenty of our demons.
For a team that have done the double over both Chelsea and Man Utd this season then fearing anything on basis it happened before is pointless (but doesn’t mean it won’t happen - ask Sean Dyche) but yeah in 2 weeks time when I get the train to Birmingham I’ll br fearing the worst.
I was there in the early 80s. Never been back again - can't begin to imagine why!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is shocking from the England skipper. o_O
No it isn't.
Not cheating on any given match day, would be shocking from the England skipper.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If we had the points we were robbed by VAR againt spuds, palarse etc.
We would already be in 5th spot and with these games in hand.
It is a travesty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports