Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 13-15/5/23

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looking at the table I'm thinking ' What's the problem?'.
Villa winning, Spurs & Villa 2 pts above us, inferior GD and we've 3 games in hand.
Then I see who we have left.
Arsenal are beatable - they play to our strengths. Newcastle can't even beat Leeds.

We could be a couple of points above them both before either of them play again. Still with a game in hand. Then Villa get tonked by Liverpool, Spurs stutter to a point against Brentford - we beat Saints. Home and dry before the City match.

Sorted.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Spurs very lucky to only be a goal down at half time. Surely they can’t be so bad in the second half?
They always seem to go behind first. It would be interesting to know just how often it's happened this season - and they have still come back to get point(s)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Roy Hodgson must be a fairly decent manager after all, makes all the gloaters on here about his appointment look a little silly

Nah - they got rid of him because they didn't like the football and they wanted something more exciting. And then just like the previous time that their exciting football failed, they went back to him to save them. So what that he's able to get them some results, it's still funny that they have no idea what they're doing and have no plan for the future (unless they can reverse the aging process).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am going to lose my shit if we miss out to villa and spurs after the refs gave them wins against us. Losing to spurs was so brutal.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Nah - they got rid of him because they didn't like the football and they wanted something more exciting. And then just like the previous time that their exciting football failed, they went back to him to save them. So what that he's able to get them some results, it's still funny that they have no idea what they're doing and have no plan for the future (unless they can reverse the aging process).
Nah I'm not having that. Their plan for the future is to offer a rapidly aging Zaha £200k a week for four years and then to reap the rewards of just about staying in the league.

Foolproof

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Southampton need a miracle 0-1

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Saints all but relegated as things stand

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, they didn’t. It was Roy Hodgson’s choice to step down. The link won’t paste but it was dated 18th May 2021.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saints all but relegated as things stand
As things stand (games finish as they are) they are relegated. They were all but relegated before kick-off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, they didn’t. It was Roy Hodgson’s choice to step down. The link won’t paste but it was dated 18th May 2021.
I seem to remember the interviews at the time, and there was no comment from Palace about offering him the opportunity to stay on, or Roy saying he didn't want to stay on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seem to remember the interviews at the time, and there was no comment from Palace about offering him the opportunity to stay on, or Roy saying he didn't want to stay on.
I found the link on the Palace site but it wouldn’t let me copy & paste. Look on Wikipedia links 175 and 176 with direct quotes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Russian laundering services have equalised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here