Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 13-15/5/23

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Jeff Stelling and his minions were just talking about Stains and where would JWP end up.
JS said that JWP would be a perfect fit for the Albion, seeing he likes the South Coast.
Would be nice :)
No chance but we might finally be a threat from set pieces if we did! I see our set piece record is officially the worst in the PL this season. We all know it and have seen it with our eyes but nice to know the stats back that up!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't even know what result we want - are we aiming for 7th or 6th, wandhere how many points are Villa and Spurts likely to finish on?
Agreed, I think a Villa win is better than a Spurs one if we are aiming for 6th and Europa League. A draw is the best result though I’d have thought

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No chance but we might finally be a threat from set pieces if we did! I see our set piece record is officially the worst in the PL this season. We all know it and have seen it with our eyes but nice to know the stats back that up!
Our record would be better if VAR wasn't there to disallow Mac Allister free kicks, perhaps?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Spurs don’t really want the Europa or Conference. They want the new manager to not have that distraction and have extra time on the training pitch. I think their performances lately and for the rest of the season will bear that out.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
That Eddy Howe is a good manager. Would love to see him get the England job!
He'd do well, that's for sure.

Michael Carrick, if he gets Middlesbrough promoted and does well elsewhere, would make a good England manager too in four or five years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed, I think a Villa win is better than a Spurs one if we are aiming for 6th and Europa League. A draw is the best result though I’d have thought

A draw (2 points to rivals instead of 3) sounds like the best result, I can't really put much thought into any of it, as I'm still dead inside following Monday's ****ing disaster.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes.....or was it his goal that was disallowed and the free kick allowed? Apologies if I got it the wrong way round.
Yeah the only free kick I can remember is in that Leicester game that was allowed. The goal, a real rocket, was disallowed after var tried it's very best to find a fault that really wasn't a fault.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think a draw would be perfect for us. Our goal difference keeps us in poll position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The more Leeds have a chance on the final day - the less likely Spurs are to get all three points, and the more chance we have of sixth.
If Leeds need a win, then they could go all gung-ho and let Spurs beat them on the counter - if they need a point, maybe they'll play more sensibly and restrict Spurs? It's difficult to call. But yes, having them already relegated wouldn't be ideal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at the table I'm thinking ' What's the problem?'.
Villa winning, Spurs & Villa 2 pts above us, inferior GD and we've 3 games in hand.
Then I see who we have left.
We've not got to play Everton again have we?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Roy Hodgson must be a fairly decent manager after all, makes all the gloaters on here about his appointment look a little silly, clearly not a long term solution but certainly knows a thing or two about setting a team up that fella

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here