[Albion] Premier League 11-16/05/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like we’re very unlikely to overhaul the Saints, the manager of whom their fans remain divided about, which I think is reasonable

The Leeds banter is a bit past its sell by date. I’m sure they don’t care now and neither should we

Fulham keeping this game interesting

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Putting aside the dislike of a load of Leeds fans, respect from me for Biesla.

Already 16 EPL wins in his debut season, double our number. Without spending £100m's like Villa etc.

In 4 seasons, we have just 35 wins.

Agree. It’s their fans we laugh at. An impressive first season back for Leeds football club.

I would however reserve judgement until their second season, will be interesting to see if they maintain this or if they get figured out.

Game over for Southampton

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Agree. It’s their fans we laugh at. An impressive first season back for Leeds football club.

I would however reserve judgement until their second season, will be interesting to see if they maintain this or if they get figured out.

Sheff Utd did for certain, apart from us.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I think people forget that a few muppets on social media does not make a fan base. I've been to Elland Road a fair few times and never had a problem with their fans at all

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I think people forget that a few muppets on social media does not make a fan base. I've been to Elland Road a fair few times and never had a problem with their fans at all

Indeed, there’s a few obsessives on NSC who seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time trudging through Twitter to find the occasional daft tweet from a Leeds fan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My instinct is that they'll buy some decent players this summer and be upper mid table next season.

The Sheffield United project, with a lot of respect from me for Chris Wilder in what he did for the club, came across as a bit one dimensional in tactics and he got every ounce out of George Baldock for example whilst he could. Plus that old chestnut ... they never had a regular goal scorer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Already 16 EPL wins in his debut season, double our number. Without spending £100m's like Villa etc.

He is a very good manager. No doubt on that whatsoever. Ask any manager in the game and they will tell you the same.

Cant forget about their recruitment as well though, its been great, which certainly helps him in his work.

All in all they look like a club doing most things right the last few years and could really be a force for the next 5-10 years before they **** up and go down again. The usual Leeds story. Much depends on who they replace Bielsa with eventually but overall their club (owner, staff, academy) looks healthy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep. Another side , like Palace, who will take a real pasting some when in the season but still finish above us.:down:

Newcastle have fortunate final fixtures imo, the Blades and Fulham.

With Saint-Maximin back and playing brilliantly, they could eaily end up with 45 points.

Another club NSC predicts every mid-season as near certs for relegation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Newcastle have fortunate final fixtures imo, the Blades and Fulham.

With Saint-Maximin back and playing brilliantly, they could eaily end up with 45 points.

Another club NSC predicts every mid-season as near certs for relegation.

Last season they "should" have been relegated. This season you could see the change immediatly when Jones was added to the staff and its paid off in the last month, they look like a different team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is a very good manager. No doubt on that whatsoever. Ask any manager in the game and they will tell you the same.

Cant forget about their recruitment as well though, its been great, which certainly helps him in his work.

All in all they look like a club doing most things right the last few years and could really be a force for the next 5-10 years before they **** up and go down again. The usual Leeds story. Much depends on who they replace Bielsa with eventually but overall their club (owner, staff, academy) looks healthy.

I think he'll leave in summer 2022.

Well documented, he's a complex character, short stays are his trade mark.

Financially long term, it depends on ownership. They have a large conurbation all to themselves and I know through familiy that they have support far and wide in West Yorkshire and North Yorkshire.

In short, they're far bigger than the fake Massive club in Sheffield.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last season they "should" have been relegated. This season you could see the change immediatly when Jones was added to the staff and its paid off in the last month, they look like a different team.

Many NSC'ers seem to hate them, simply because we blew the chance to win the famous Championship trophy. I like Newcastle and Geordies.

When I know we're likely to stay in the EPL, I don't mind Newcastle staying up instead of other irritating clubs.

Ashley's shrewd. I think his net transfer spend is negligable, yet he does enough ... Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Schar and Dubravka are quality, Willock is a great loanee.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that Leeds under Bielsa look very good (can't see him staying more than 1 more year). Shame Potter has the hoodoo sign over Bielsa and seems to be able to completely out tactic him more easily than just about any other manager (see Sheff Utd, West Brom etc). In neither game did Leeds look like getting anything.

And as for Ashley, I may not be entirely impartial but he has given the Geordies the most stable top level(s) football for years hasn't he ?

Last edited:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

They spent £96m in the summer.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Not imho huge in the big EPL picture. Fulham £110m summer 2018, Villa £145m summer 2019 and another £100m last summer, Everton £585m under Moshiri.

It's huge, other than Fulham and Aston Villa how many newly promoted sides have spent that much? We spent about 70m when we came up and that was fairly big (we always know we will be financially backed with Tony Bloom) I suspect they will spend something similar this summer aswell as they are backed by the 49ers who are here to make a profit in football (the fella admitted he doesn't like football) by making Leeds a top top club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports