[Albion] Premier League 11-14/8/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And this board. Lots fuming when it was suggested he could be chucked in as part of the caicedo deal !
Personally think there's a lot of denial about the quality of some non-Albion players. You've only got to look at how 67 year old Milner already looks like one of our best players. You don't play fairly regularly for England without being decent.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Was weird watching those two and thinking of a Sliding Doors Albion: Sanchez, Colwill, Cucurella (although not playing), Ali Mac who we used to have, plus VvD, Diaz & Nunez who we tried to sign. Plus MC to join one of them.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But it's not. The rules are clearly that if the ball comes off your hand and a goal is scored from it, then it's handball regardless of intent. The problem with MacAllister's at Spurs was there was no proof it hit his hand at all. I can't quite believe I'm defending refs but I still think Dunk's was handball because he was making himself bigger and Jackson's wasn't because his arm was tucked in. Don't worry, I'll be furious with the refs again soon!
Arms tucked in hands in front of his chest and patted the ball away 🤔

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Gallagher is a quality player. This negative narrative about him comes mostly from Twitter etc..they just want superstars.
He, along with most of Chelsea, was awful last season. Good today though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unsportsmanlike like innit. I hate it personally. It’s quite funny watching the mainly foreign ones realise we won’t tolerate it here now.
I’ve long advocated an immediate booking for any player waving imaginary cards. So pleased to see it happening 👍

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know. It was a childish joke.
The penny has just dropped. Sorry. It’s something I saw on the Shed End and now we have London groupie and general Chelsea youth policy enthusiast Dwayne constantly using it. I’m just pondering whether we have a long running Chelsea sleeper on NSC and the black rapper stuff was his elaborate cover story.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Evening Standard:

"Nicolas Jackson - 7
Jackson proved an outstanding target man against Liverpool’s high line, threatening with several efforts but couldn’t deliver that moment."

He was absolute Locardia-level dogshit.

Meanwhile they gave Ali Mac.....7!

What bollocks.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'm looking forward to seeing Pervis/ Mktoma / Adingra running at TAA and Konate.

Salah's petulant departure all a bit unnecessary,. They need Caicedo as much as Chelsea.

I'd also add that Gallagher got better as the game wore on and put in an energetic and controlled performance.
The problem with Gallagher was that he was being used more as a DM. He took far too long on the ball first half and got caught out a lot. With Caceido as DM he will be free to be more advanced if given the chance

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Although Jackson didn't do that much I thought his touch and movement was really decent.
Yes, but he isn't supposed to be an exotic masseur.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I know both Chelsea and Pool can't help but gel and improve, but I feel that our team chemistry, under RDZ, will outpace theirs.

Still believe that a top 4 finish in the PL and Europa League champion is plausibly achievable.

Imagine TB would rather not sell Moises to one of them for this reason alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports