Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-14/8/23

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With all the millions in the PL surely they can afford bigger screens then. That is no excuse for these crap decisions.
I think you are confusing issues. The small screens is an explanation for why the commentators struggle speaking confidently about some decisions that we sit at home and can see as a clear decision.

Wasn't Ali Mac's arm tucked in close against Spurs when the Mitoma goal was chalked off for handball?
As well as the point about handball rules being different for goal scorers and everyone else, haven't we all said the ali mac decision was wrong? If a decision is wrong you can't really use it to question explanations for correct decisions.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think you are confusing issues. The small screens is an explanation for why the commentators struggle speaking confidently about some decisions that we sit at home and can see as a clear decision.

As well as the point about handball rules being different for goal scorers and everyone else, haven't we all said the ali mac decision was wrong? If a decision is wrong you can't really use it to question explanations for correct decisions.
I'm honestly only half paying attention. Happy to be wrong :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You mean when it wasn't even certain that it actually hit his arm?

However - the rules are different up front than at the back.
Which sounds even more ridiculous. Handball is handball wherever it happens.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Liverpool still don't look right do they?
They've lost their mystique.
So many talented players but they're just not the team they were.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Which sounds even more ridiculous. Handball is handball wherever it happens.
But it's not. The rules are clearly that if the ball comes off your hand and a goal is scored from it, then it's handball regardless of intent. The problem with MacAllister's at Spurs was there was no proof it hit his hand at all. I can't quite believe I'm defending refs but I still think Dunk's was handball because he was making himself bigger and Jackson's wasn't because his arm was tucked in. Don't worry, I'll be furious with the refs again soon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here