[Albion] Premier League 11-13/2/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal could be second on Thursday after a team with 100 charges of cheating beat them and a player with over 200 charges scored yesterday.

It's not a great look for the PL
Later stripped of titles, would be the equitable remedy.

Will the panel have the balls … it won’t look good in the hyping of the EPL ‘product’?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Later stripped of titles, would be the equitable remedy.

Will the panel have the balls … it won’t look good in the hyping of the EPL ‘product’?
My view is you can't back date titles/cups. You just have to leave them blank or keep the winners, if you do you open yourself up to being sued by teams relegated and that missed out on Europe, I say that with Spurs being back dated 2 cups - would mean nothing to me.

The PL need to sort this out quickly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My view is you can't back date titles/cups. You just have to leave them blank or keep the winners, if you do you open yourself up to being sued by teams relegated and that missed out on Europe, I say that with Spurs being back dated 2 cups - would mean nothing to me.

I think the same …. using the blanks, even though Liverpool would still miss out on multiple titles.

ManC’s name scrubbed off, would say enough.

Just ain’t going to happen though. What would Sky/BBC do about clips of Aggggguuuueeeero?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think the same …. using the blanks, even though Liverpool would still miss out on multiple titles.

ManC’s name scrubbed off, would say enough.

Just ain’t going to happen though. What would Sky/BBC do about clips of Aggggguuuueeeero?

Clubs have the power, seen how quickly they change their tune over club of the moment previously.

Liverpool, Blackburn, United , Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc etc

If found guilty of the charges, I wonder how many of the presenters/commentators will feel stupid championing miracle worker pep

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clubs have the power, seen how quickly they change their tune over club of the moment previously.

Liverpool, Blackburn, United , Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc etc

If found guilty of the charges, I wonder how many of the presenters/commentators will feel stupid championing miracle worker pep
It’s presented in hype. Alan Hansen wrote that he took a job with Sky in 1992, but they didn’t like it when he mentioned something not happy-clappy so he bailed out. BBC Sports folk have spent 15 years barely ever discussing clubs spending power or ‘investment’, and never as a factor in how trophies were dished out. Taboo. Other than a token post-event wheeling out of Dan Roan when they want to talk in a grave tone for 5 minutes.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Arsenal could be second on Thursday after a team with 100 charges of cheating beat them and a player with over 200 charges scored yesterday.

It's not a great look for the PL
Who cares. I’m firmly in the anyone but Arsenal camp now given they tried to unsettle our best player despite being told he wasn’t for sale. Hope city pump them.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Agreed. What's the point of being retroactively awarded a title from several seasons back when you can take advantage of it? Doubly so with cups that would have gotten you into Europe.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who cares. I’m firmly in the anyone but Arsenal camp now given they tried to unsettle our best player despite being told he wasn’t for sale. Hope city pump them.
Yep. Am gonna love seeing them crash and burn (not that you’re officially allowed to say that on Gooner Stand Chat).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It’s presented in hype. Alan Hansen wrote that he took a job with Sky in 1992, but they didn’t like it when he mentioned something not happy-clappy so he bailed out. BBC Sports folk have spent 15 years barely ever discussing clubs spending power or ‘investment’, and never as a factor in how trophies were dished out. Taboo. Other than a token post-event wheeling out of Dan Roan when they want to talk in a grave tone for 5 minutes.
The BBC Sports podcast released an in depth look at the City case earlier this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports