Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/07/20

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Great results today bottom three is more or less sorted. Best of all is villa going down after spending an obscene amount of money last year. #gotyourcomeuppencetwats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great results today would have been Watford and West Ham defeats !! :censored:

Need to keep as many teams below us as possible as Villa or Bournemouth might do something special (unlikely but possible)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Playing four of the top five in our last five games has been a *******! We are still very well placed even if we have the inevitable defeat tonight. Not being annihilated will do for me and then we can think of playing three teams at our level :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Playing four of the top five in our last five games has been a *******! We are still very well placed even if we have the inevitable defeat tonight. Not being annihilated will do for me and then we can think of playing three teams at our level :thumbsup:

As well as playing four of the top five after the restart, after tonight, we will have also played four of the top six in the form guide (last 6 games). It's been very tough and the squad management and performances from all have been so heartening. It doesn't get much easier though. Southampton & Burnley are also in the top seven for post lockdown form.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I could have done with Watford losing..

I know we’re 250/1 to go down, but that is still mathematically possible so I can relax yet.

Humour me. What scenarios are required for us to go down?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Us not to get another single point.

PLUS

Bournemouth to win at least 3 out of Leicester Home, Man City Away, Southampton Home and Everton Away

PLUS

Villa to win three and draw one out of Palace Home, Everton Away, Arsenal Home and West Ham away

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I could have done with Watford losing..

I know we’re 250/1 to go down, but that is still mathematically possible so I can relax yet.

Too many combinations to explain, but

We'll be safe if we get 5 points from 4 games, safe with goal difference if we only get 4 points.

If we get 0 more points, Bournemouth still have to win 3 out of 4, and Villa win 3 and draw 1 out of 4.

And Villa still play West Ham ( who also play Man Utd ).

And West Ham also still play Watford ( who also play Man City ).

Last edited:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

PLUS

Bournemouth to win at least 3 out of Leicester Home, Man City Away, Southampton Home and Everton Away

PLUS

Villa to win three and draw one out of Palace Home, Everton Away, Arsenal Home and West Ham away

Either or for villa/Bournemouth.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

PLUS

PLUS

That doesn’t look crazy to me, I can see football turning up results like that.

I don’t know how most of you are so relaxed! Yes we will most likely stay up, but I will relax when we are mathematically safe.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If the following four conditions are met, then we are relegated.

1) We lose every game.

2) Watford win 1, eg .away at West Ham (next fixture)

3) West Ham win 1, eg. Home v Villa (last fixture of the season)

4) Bournemouth win 3 of their remaining 4 fixtures. eg. wins against Southampton, Leicester and Everton.

1) is very unlikely. A point from our remaining fixtures WILL be enough, if we're not already safe.

2) and 3) are very possible

4) is incredibly unlikely, but don't put it past plucky...

[emoji106]

And yes 4), I certainly wouldn’t put it past plucky. History shows they’re capable of clutch results to stay in this division.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

PLUS

PLUS

That second 'plus' should be an 'or'. Only one of them would need to overtake us. However, you would need to add plus West Ham and Watford both getting another three points. They play each other next and then Watford have Man City and Arsenal. West Ham have Man Utd in their other game.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can’t see Watford winning another game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear!

Still, never mind eh?

Just had a browse. I like the Relegation thread, particularly where somebody suggests if they go down they will get £60-£100m for Grealish (righto!), and up to £40m for Mings.

While I could see somebody coming in for Grealish, £100m is having a bloody laugh bearing in mind they're probably going down and the COVID pandemic is bound to have some impact. As for Mings, I'm not even sure a PL club would take him. He's made loads of errors and has been shown to have been massively overhyped (including by Gareth Southgate :rolleyes:). No top six sides will want him. I can't see a Leicester, Everton or Southampton going for a player who isn't going to elevate them. And the bottom sides need players who will enhance their defences, not give away even more goals.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks the Geordies don’t like the Villa lot either [emoji38]

https://twitter.com/jordan_nufc98/status/1281939809343352833

When NUFC got relegated from the PL in 2009 on the last match-day at Villa Park, in the morning I’d taken my son to a Brighton sports club. I always sat next to arrogant and mouthy ManU and Villa (plastic) Dads. I could hear their ecstasy about the afternoon’s coming events, getting tons of beers in by all accounts. Villa fans that day at VP were possessed by all accounts. Villa at that time thought they were on the verge of greatness under Martin O’Neill.

Potless for a generation or more, Villa’s highs are now other clubs woes.

Good old football karma, it comes back to bite you.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wouldn't mind Villa getting a point tomorrow especially if it was from an utter dog toffee of a game littered with fouls and dust ups and of course dives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here