Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10-12/2/24

As funny as this is, I hope and expect a couple of goals from the west London rabble at some point

SeaGullBum

Aug 4, 2023
What exactly makes Pochettino a in-demand manager? He's done nothing noteworthy in his career

Caicedo would be balling out under Klopp. Chose the little boy inside him that wanted 9 year payday. Who can blame him when idiots like Boehly turn up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think this was covered in one of my semi-legendary polls:

It seems like we hate both of them equally, possibly Chelsea even more, according the poll results. Chelsea are rivals that are a threat to our current ambitions though, whereas Palace are completely irrelevant to us in that regard.
Like everyone else across the footballing spectrum (outside of Africa at least with those ridiculous online gloryhunting goons) I despise Chelsea. But my desire to see Palace suffer and decline still overrides that.

Anyway, looks like Palace have lucked out (again) in facing the SHIT Chelsea tonight, as opposed to the one that turned up at Villa last week.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chelsea players just don’t work anywhere near hard enough. No pressing, lazy passes, and nobody tracking back to help the defence. They play like each game is a friendly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
1707770899205.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed, especially with Forest and Everton getting -10 deductions.

Chelsea are too close behind us for my liking.

Come on Palace!
I suppose in this circumstance we would consider them 'Useful Idiots'

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Amazing how poor Chelsea players are when they played very well at Brighton. Apparently Colwell is useless, Caicedo is a shadow of the player he was with us and whatever happened to Cucurella?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Caicedo has been piss poor all season.

Ridiculous we got £115m for him, he isn't on the same tier as rice.
For our club, in our existing team and system, he was worth £100m+ to us at the time to keep him.

The fact Chelsea thought he would be worth that to them, in their system and their batshit setup, and were prepared to pay it, says more about them than us.

I would have loved to have kept him at the time, no dickheads policy allowing. But we move on.

I'd maybe take him back this year for £50m & a significant wage reduction in the summer. And "attitude going forwards" dependent.

Reduction to reflect Chelsea talent graveyard damage. Plus for shits & giggles.

Aka dickhead tax.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its pass-pass-pass-THUMP

Bollocks is it. How can anyone on here watch Palace actually cheering them on ?? Behave.
We're good enough to look after our own interests these days without needing favours from that filth.
It's not a question of cheering anyone one. It's just wanting the best outcome.

The rivalry with Palace, to me, is just a fun annual pantomime.

Our real rivals each season are the ones who could do us some damage. In this case, it's still Chelsea.

Palace beat Villa last year. Would you like to have reversed that result ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here