Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10-12/1/20

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Thanks for the reply, very reasoned and not abusive.
I’d like to question a couple of comments if I may, firstly the Sheffield Utd game, you were certainly full of praise after the game, but before the game it was a different story. Not many, if any, predicted a Sheffield win, when in fact they were one of the form teams.

Talking about Brighton not looking down their noses at other teams, you’ve got to be joking !
your club is like a football version of Hyacinth Bucket !

I guess there is a fine line (or just a different perspective) between pride and arrogance, but of course we are delighted in the current health of our club, and it is a pretty narrow view to suggest that our pride, happiness isn't justified. Making it about arrogance suits a jealous perspective and reads that way too. You can find examples if you look hard enough, but to suggest that's everyone's perspective is daft. Wasn't there a banner at your place "Brighton know your place"? Is that arrogant, funny, banter - does that mean that no Palace fans can respect whats been achieved here, or even hope that they might get that opportunity too? Of course not.

The fact that plenty thought we might get something from Sheff Utd game is hardly damming? Watford are another Club in form, and we will hope to get something from that too, but we may not - see the other threads about games, next fixtures, where we think we might end up to help round your view. Maybe you should dredge up the Sheffield United match predictor thread to check, but plenty of realism about our games on here, but positivity about home games is hardly arrogant - overly positive, hopeful, misplaced, humorous or just plain wrong, but to drag up one match, without any details, claiming that proves "arrogance" is pushing it? I thought we might beat Spurs at the Amex - that wasn't arrogant, nor was the thought I had that we might beat Leicester.. one was right, one was wrong.

I hate the "he said, she said" "My club is better than yours" rubbish that infects these threads..and I hate that I have been drawn in!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I guess there is a fine line (or just a different perspective) between pride and arrogance, but of course we are delighted in the current health of our club, and it is a pretty narrow view to suggest that our pride, happiness isn't justified. Making it about arrogance suits a jealous perspective and reads that way too. You can find examples if you look hard enough, but to suggest that's everyone's perspective is daft. Wasn't there a banner at your place "Brighton know your place"? Is that arrogant, funny, banter - does that mean that no Palace fans can respect whats been achieved here, or even hope that they might get that opportunity too? Of course not.

The fact that plenty thought we might get something from Sheff Utd game is hardly damming? Watford are another Club in form, and we will hope to get something from that too, but we may not - see the other threads about games, next fixtures, where we think we might end up to help round your view. Maybe you should dredge up the Sheffield United match predictor thread to check, but plenty of realism about our games on here, but positivity about home games is hardly arrogant - overly positive, hopeful, misplaced, humorous or just plain wrong, but to drag up one match, without any details, claiming that proves "arrogance" is pushing it? I thought we might beat Spurs at the Amex - that wasn't arrogant, nor was the thought I had that we might beat Leicester.. one was right, one was wrong.

I hate the "he said, she said" "My club is better than yours" rubbish that infects these threads..and I hate that I have been drawn in!

Just checked the match prediction thread, 2 out of 65 posts predicted a Sheffield win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just checked the match prediction thread, 2 out of 65 posts predicted a Sheffield win.

I wouldn’t say it’s from arrogance.

Instead a huge number of NSC’ers seem blinkered about NOT watching other PL football matches, many refusing to look at positive things happening at other clubs, others incredibly naively in thinking that football matters are decided in the Autumn.

In October 2017 and October 2018, it seemed most posting people on NSC deemed CP as good as relegated. In October 2019 the same happened about Stains and Watford, done and dusted, they’re certs for relegation.

I can only assume that many people refuse to subscribe to BT/Sky, so haven’t got a clue about quality footballers such as Redmond, Ings, Bertrand, Mariappa, Pereyra, Deulofeu, Capoue and Doucoure.

There are also a few people who refuse to accept the reality. Redmond always destroys Montoya. His fan club won’t accept the reality of matches.

But Palace is the same. Before you play almost every club at Smellhurst, your forums predict wins, even when it’s a top team. Post match, the blood letting after each dream fails, is a sight to behold. Every time, nasty in-fights of Parish lickers versus people who think he’s a cnt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn’t say it’s from arrogance.

Instead a huge number of NSC’ers seem blinkered about NOT watching other PL football matches, many refusing to look at positive things happening at other clubs, others incredibly naively in thinking that football matters are decided in the Autumn.

In October 2017 and October 2018, it seemed most posting people on NSC deemed CP as good as relegated. In October 2019 the same happened about Stains and Watford, done and dusted, they’re certs for relegation.

I can only assume that many people refuse to subscribe to BT/Sky, so haven’t got a clue about quality footballers such as Redmond, Ings, Bertrand, Mariappa, Pereyra, Deulofeu, Capoue and Doucoure.

There are also a few people who refuse to accept the reality. Redmond always destroys Montoya. His fan club won’t accept the reality of matches.

But Palace is the same. Before you play almost every club at Smellhurst, your forums predict wins, even when it’s a top team. Post match, the blood letting after each dream fails, is a sight to behold. Every time, nasty in-fights of Parish lickers versus people who think he’s a cnt.

People also vote with hope rather than knowledge. Some can’t predict a loss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Loads of our lot never predict anything other than a Brighton win. It’s the hope that kills you.

You do realise that NSC has a small band of sad, middle aged, predominantly dull social inadequates, several Palace included.

Corrected for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here