Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 1-4/1

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Villa equalise. Miles more energy than we have ever have and these players have played 3 games on the trot.
Depressing.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Villa look lightyears ahead of us, direct whilst we dilly dally giving oppo defences all the time in the world to set themselves

They really do have one of the best midfielders in the league though in Grealish. He was brilliant last season I thought. But he’s one up a level now.

Take him away and Villa are a very different prospect. Can’t see him staying there.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Any contact in the penalty area is now a penalty, sad state of affairs.

Why do people constantly bleat on about ‘how <insert team> here are so much better than us’ Villa spent 30M on a goalkeeper in the summer and pay outrageously high wages, at the moment we can’t compete with that level of spending.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The thing for me is now if you have the ball alongside someone in the box just fall over, referees are giving way more soft penalties because they know VAR will give them if you so much as brush another player, you can see players are cottoning on to it more and more now, it’s going to end up in a situation where we end up with at least one penalty a game, it’s getting silly.

Someone has to make clear there is a difference between contact and whether there’s enough contact to warrant a player falling to the ground.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The thing for me is now if you have the ball alongside someone in the box just fall over, referees are giving way more soft penalties because they know VAR will give them if you so much as brush another player, you can see players are cottoning on to it more and more now, it’s going to end up in a situation where we end up with at least one penalty a game, it’s getting silly.

Someone has to make clear there is a difference between contact and whether there’s enough contact to warrant a player falling to the ground.

VAR is ruining the game - its becoming more like American football with the stops and starts (and I am saying that as someone who likes American football - but that game is built on stops and starts) - let the refs make the decisions - they will get some wrong - but it usually balances out in the end.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’d be surprised if Grealish doesn’t end up at the very, very top somewhere I hate the guy as much as anyone, he’s an absolute turd waffle but what a ridiculously influential and classy player, his final ball has reached a point that now matches the rest of his game. Greasy diving little rodent.

Although he is allegedly on 200k p/w at Villa so would probably take some prying away.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Villa have spent according to Google £220m on fees plus God knows what on wages. They damn well should be better than us...

In other news Liverpool and Manchester United are better than us too...

You're right of course. We might as well not actually bother playing the season. Just rank the sides by how much they spend each summer and be done with it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You're right of course. We might as well not actually bother playing the season. Just rank the sides by how much they spend each summer and be done with it.

Generally football inevitably does end up mostly like that eventually, clubs that don’t spend as much do tend to eventually go down and clubs that spend a modest amount on mostly average players like us don’t fair much better either.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Just turned this on. I dislike both teams. I also can't stand Gary Neville, especially when talking about MUFC. For those reasons, I hope they draw 3-3 with 4 red cards apiece.

And honestly, is it fair that AVFC have to play in roller skates?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Seeing Mings and Maguire. If only Lewis Dunk were at his normal performance levels...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here