Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 07-09/07/20

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's some fairly decent commentators on the DAZN coverage (I guess it's the coverage they use in all other countries). For some reason Drury and/or Townsend get brought out for the "big" matches.

They could replace Townsend with the sound of a dog barking and it would probably give more insight into the game.

I find football far more relaxing without their manufactured excitement and imposed view on the flow of the game.

For example at Carrow Road on Saturday, after that first faux ‘drinks’ break, I loved the way we played. As did Rio Ferdinand at HT and FT. Norwich tried to go bananas in the last ten minutes, so what?

But going by the large number of NSC posters having kittens in the second half on the match thread, presumably listening to the BT commentary team, Norwich were frighteningly dangerous.

Whilst we in our house with no commentary, we stayed surprisingly chilled, lapping up Lamptey bossing the game. Dunk and mates immense.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal 1-0 Leicester

It's always good to see players celebrate before scoring.
The Cassette is pretty sure this is going in:-

[tweet]1280588070748917760[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The marathon of the PL is brutal.

Leicester - many months into the season they were snapping at LFC’s heels, I had a small bet on them on them being champs again. Now, imho, ManU will overtake them.

Sheff Utd - pre lockdown seemingly certs for Europa League, much talk of pushing for CL (with 5th place giving that, if ManC’s ban is upheld). Now in tatters.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find football far more relaxing without their manufactured excitement and imposed view on the flow of the game.

For example at Carrow Road on Saturday, after that first faux ‘drinks’ break, I loved the way we played. As did Rio Ferdinand at HT and FT. Norwich tried to go bananas in the last ten minutes, so what?

But going by the large number of NSC posters having kittens in the second half on the match thread, presumably listening to the BT commentary team, Norwich were frighteningly dangerous.

Whilst we in our house with no commentary, ww stayed surprisingly chilled, lapping up Lamptey bossing the game. Dunk and mates immense.

This...thought we were in almost total control. A second goal would have completely eased any nerves at all. We weren’t overly worried here......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The ball is in the air, he’s about 0.1 of a second too late and misses the ball and catches his knee. Not a red card IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Definite red for the sub Nketiah. Did he even touch the ball in the brief time he was on?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It’s a red under the current guidelines. Dangerous play innit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
83CF5DFB-F1A0-4404-9C95-4B7FDE654821.png

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You see players with their foot at that angle all the time when the ball is bouncing up like that you can’t avoid your studs being up slightly :shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
More combing through goals for 5 minutes trying to find something wrong with it.... he’s not offside, if it’s that tight why take that long to check it :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting the on-field ref gave a red after seeing one replay, but the goons in the office at Heathrow couldn’t make their minds up after 50 replays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here