Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 02-04/03

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have City borrowed Leeds(Spurs) pitch it looks awful?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When you look at the players that make up those numbers many at the top are not even regulars and long term absentees.

Also the top clubs like Liverpool with their huge levels of income should be able to maintain a squad of a quality to cope with spells of injuries whilst the smaller clubs are generally more impacted by key player absence.

To an extent. But Liverpool lost their only 3 experienced CB’s, Jota, Henderson, Milner, Fabinho and Alisson at times. That would screw any club. Even $$$$ ManC can be affected, losing 2 great CB’s last season and then they had a raft of non-wins. Whilst Villa this season have been incredibly lucky this season with often just 1 first teamer injured.

The EPL is so competitive that injuries of key players can kill a team.

Leicester without the brilliant Maddison were average at best on Sunday, so Arsenal ran the midfield and cruised to a win.

Imho we really miss Solly and Webster, we’re not as good all round.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Man City just have a grim relentlessness about them, don’t they?

It’s like the T-1000 in Terminator 2. “Why won’t you die?!”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The grammar police are back! Coming from Portslade I thought you would be used to poor grammar? :sick: Still not palace though so keep banging on, your boring.

Palace

If only your mum would of told half the happy clappers at the Amex that! Has to be my biggest pet hate from todays support, I don't understand why its always a mass exodus every game.

Palace

Sadly not. Will be Fulham/Newcastle. As much as it pains me, I think palace are too strong to go down. I think they are in a bad spell but will nick a few more wins. Newcastle are in freefall and are looking most in danger.

Palace

Yes. As long as we don't loose I will happily settle for the point. Its a derby, its anyone's game.

Palace

Don't hate them. Just wouldn't want to loose against them, but that goes for any team we play. I feel like they are not fussed anymore about us either.

Palace

0-1 palace. After a dominant performance but no cutting edge

Palace

View attachment 134375

This was doing the rounds when we first moved into the Amex :ffsparr:

Palace

Looks nailed on for Fulham win but you just cant write palace off, they are where they are for a reason.

Palace

They are very catchable still this season. However long term I believe they are obviously a much bigger club and seem to be well established in the prem. So with that in mind, I would love one day to be like saints but playing the Brighton way.

Palace

Are you one of those sad acts who lives on the Knoll Estate and deliberately goes to your games late when we're at home, dressed as a full kit wanker?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It’s almost like spending 1.5 billion pounds on players is having an effect.

I still can't get over that stat when we first rejoined the top league in 2017, first game Man City;

Every single Manchester City player individually cost more than our entire starting 11.

That is just insane.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't it also their two fullbacks cost more than the cost of our entire squad. Plus the stadium.

It was that our whole squad cost about 20-odd million and every single one of their players cost more than that each.

But that other stat of yours might be true too?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I still can't get over that stat when we first rejoined the top league in 2017, first game Man City;

Every single Manchester City player individually cost more than our entire starting 11.

That is just insane.

I seem to remember that it was reckoned their subs bench was worth more than our stadium.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This condensed season, more than any before, seems to throw up so much luck (or bad luck) with regard to playing EPL opponents with key players out injured.

Burnley are playing a Leicester without; Maddison, Praet, Fofana, Evans, Justin and Barnes.

They all featured in the 3-0 outclassing of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here