Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Predicting future signings

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’ve seen some Twitter rumour that Trevor Chalobar is potentially being considered as part of the Caicedo deal to Chelsea. Don’t shoot the messenger on this one.
The Dominguez rumour has some credibility I’d say. Has got Argentinian caps. Likes a tackle and can press well. Coming up to last year on contract and I presume can speak Italian as he’s played there for a while. One that Roberto has earmarked?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
His stats graph is almost a 100% mirror of Ali Macs - he’s a ready made replacement.

Federico Redondo is one I’ll like us to go after as a replacement for Caidedo. He’s been very good at the u20 World Cup - across between Busquets and Rodri.
Agree re Redondo. Looks a great prospect.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor mentioning Frattesi in The Athletic on 12th May.

"If Mac Allister and/or Caicedo sales materialise, funds would be available to buy at least one more midfielder. Targets include Italian international Davide Frattesi from De Zerbi’s former club Sassuolo."

I think things have changed since then after De Zerbi’s comment around needing the right kind of midfielder. Mac Allister’s two positions are well covered next season:

AM/No.10s:
Welbeck
Joao Pedro
Lallana
Groß
Enciso
Buonanotte
Undav
Ferguson
Sarmiento
Ayari
Adingra

Deep lying playmaker/No.8/pivot:
Gilmour
Dahoud
Groß
Moder
Alzate
Lallana
Ayari

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great thread.

As always, I’d prefer it if we focussed on the French league as it is the most similar in style to the PL and it is the league new signings adapt quickest from.

With that in mind, I really like the look of Lillian Thuram’s younger son Khephren as the Caicedo replacement. Slightly mixed season but I think he’s got all the attributes. Realistic signing at this time in his career too I feel.

Thuram’s still available. So talented, let’s go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here