Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Predicted table - 24 Feb

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was gonna write 'I'll take it'...

predicted-table.jpg

... then noticed how close we are to FOURTH! Oh my!

PS Potter in!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There will be a meltdown if that is the final table and 7th doesn’t get Europe. John Brooks might find a horses head in his bed or something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There will be a meltdown if that is the final table and 7th doesn’t get Europe. John Brooks might find a horses head in his bed or something.
Am I right that would only happen if league or FA Cup winners aren’t in top 7? It’s why I want Man U to win Sunday & either Manc team in the cup final, just in case.

I’m convinced we’ll finish 7th-10th which will be a great season regardless. Would love to be wrong in a positive way.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Am I right that would only happen if league or FA Cup winners aren’t in top 7? It’s why I want Man U to win Sunday & either Manc team in the cup final, just in case.

I’m convinced we’ll finish 7th-10th which will be a great season regardless. Would love to be wrong in a positive way.
I can’t see either Newcastle or United not getting top 6 so Sunday is almost irrelevant.

For 7th to get a European spot then both cups have to be won by top 6 sides. I think there may be a couple of other ways 7th or even 8th might be able to qualify (without winning a cup) but they are far too complicated to consider at this time of night.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can’t see either Newcastle or United not getting top 6 so Sunday is almost irrelevant.

For 7th to get a European spot then both cups have to be won by top 6 sides. I think there may be a couple of other ways 7th or even 8th might be able to qualify (without winning a cup) but they are far too complicated to consider at this time of night.
What if we win the FA Cup?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Unless we qualify for Champions league by our finish position

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
For 7th to get a European spot then both cups have to be won by top 6 sides.
That was always the case pre Europa Conference League, and probably still is but…

… has anyone checked to see what the crack would be if West Ham win this years UECL and finish outside the top 7?

They’ve got a Cypriot side in the last 16, so you’d fancy them to make the last 8 at least. They’re also second favourites with most bookmakers.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
That was always the case pre Europa Conference League, and probably still is but…

… has anyone checked to see what the crack would be if West Ham win this years UECL and finish outside the top 7?

They’ve got a Cypriot side in the last 16, so you’d fancy them to make the last 8 at least. They’re also second favourites with most bookmakers.
Helpfully that scenario is about the only one not covered by the following link.

However as the Conference League winners would get a spot in the Europa League I believe it wouldn’t affect the allocation of other places as it’s effectively an extra spot. The same as if the Europa League or Champions League winners are English and finish outside of the top 4 we would get 5 teams in the Champions League (which is explained further in the link).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here