Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Predict the squad for 1st Sept ‘23

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I hope not!
Season-long loan to Whitehawk
In all seriousness going to one of the County’s top non league clubs, maybe Worthing or Eastbourne Borough on loan, and getting his mojo back and perhaps getting close to or winning the Golden Boot could resurrect his career.

Maybe not with us in the top half of the EPL but maybe with his form back he can find his niche.

I was very sad to hear this week Leon Knight is back in Brighton working as a cleaner at the DWP, don’t get me wrong cleaning is a job for grafters and I don’t wish to demean it in anyway, but a bloke with Leon’s talent and the prospects he had, he must wonder where it all went wrong?

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
8 English, 3 Irish, 3 Germans, 2 Equadorians, 1 Argentinian, 1 Brazilian, 1 Colombian, 1 Dutch, 1 French, 1 Italian, 1 Ivorian, 1 Japanese, 1 Paraguayan, 1 Pole, 1 Scot, 1 Ukrainian.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
His contract is up next month, but we have a year extension option. Can’t see him willing to sign a new deal, as assume he wants to play more.

I also don’t think he suits RDZ’s style either.
He's not strong enough on the back post for a big guy which really needs to be a strength given other weaknesses

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think we'll sign a goalkeeper that will challenge and eventually return Steele to the bench once he gets up to speed with De Zerbiball.
And there is the rub. All Sanchez had to do was knuckle down and focus on the De Zerbiball and at some point he would have probably got his place back. Obviously not prepared to put in the work and probably got a move lined up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Spuds have saved up some money for a new keeper. I’m surprised that he is not being linked with them.
I would have thought both they and Chelsea would be in his ear TBH

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And there is the rub. All Sanchez had to do was knuckle down and focus on the De Zerbiball and at some point he would have probably got his place back. Obviously not prepared to put in the work and probably got a move lined up.

And the most ridiculous part is that it is a weakness and addressing it would have improved him hugely wherever he played. After getting so far, why wouldn't you want to improve further :dunce:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
In all seriousness going to one of the County’s top non league clubs, maybe Worthing or Eastbourne Borough on loan, and getting his mojo back and perhaps getting close to or winning the Golden Boot could resurrect his career.

Maybe not with us in the top half of the EPL but maybe with his form back he can find his niche.

I was very sad to hear this week Leon Knight is back in Brighton working as a cleaner at the DWP, don’t get me wrong cleaning is a job for grafters and I don’t wish to demean it in anyway, but a bloke with Leon’s talent and the prospects he had, he must wonder where it all went wrong?
In the case of Leon Knight, his ego got in the. Way
Pure and simple
Agree with you about Connolly

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

maybe the club needs to arrange a chat with him and Connolly....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here