Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Predict the first game GPott has no available strikers, and why?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's entirely possible Maupay will pick up a silly red and Connolly and Welbeck have knocks.

You'd have to push Trossard up top, with March just behind and Cucurella at LWB. I can't see an alternative.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Swansea in the League Cup - don't want anyone to get hurt trying to win something - saving them all for the predictable (often goalless) relegation battle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Connolly can let his hair down and really enjoy himself now.

We can hardly suspend him with only Welbeck and Maupay as alternatives.

Perhaps it would be a good idea not to sell Locadia until January.

Perhaps it would have been a good idea not to ship Andone out on loan (again)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Now that's a classic encounter!

I was thinking that, except it'll be 7-6 . . .Gross will score the penalty and Connolly will be restrained by Duffy with little more than 2 chinese burn marks.

The game will be Brentford away.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's entirely possible Maupay will pick up a silly red and Connolly and Welbeck have knocks.

You'd have to push Trossard up top, with March just behind and Cucurella at LWB. I can't see an alternative.

Push Propper up . .oh, AJ? oh. Wheel out Murray/Zamora/Ward?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Predict the first time Aston Villa got Watkins, Ings and Davies unavailable.

Predict the first time Toney and Forss are unavailable for Brentford.

First time Lukaku and Werner are unavailable for Chelsea, Richarlison, DCL and Rondon for Everton (sure they have Tosun as well but is he there in a week?), Bamford, Roberts and Rodrigo for Leeds, Wilson, Gayle and Joelinton for Newcastle, Pukki, Idah and Sargent for Norwich, Kane and Son for Spurs, Antonio and Benrahma for West Ham...

Its pretty normal heading into a season with three strikers.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

First time Lukaku and Werner are unavailable for Chelsea, Richarlison, DCL and Rondon for Everton (sure they have Tosun as well but is he there in a week?), Bamford, Roberts and Rodrigo for Leeds, Wilson, Gayle and Joelinton for Newcastle, Pukki, Idah and Sargent for Norwich, Kane and Son for Spurs, Antonio and Benrahma for West Ham...

But it's who those three strikers are. Surely you get that?

We have got one who has a pile of sicknote stencils signed by his mum to excuse him from PE. Another is quality but a hothead likely to go off at any time and pick up suspensions. And a third whose ambitions appear to lie at the hairdressers and headlining in the Sun rather than playing professional football.

Now do you understand where the problems might arise?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another is quality but a hothead likely to go off at any time and pick up

I'd have absolutely said that Maupay has more than a touch of petulance about him and is always a red card waiting to happen, but having just checked his disciplinary record with us, it's actually a lot better than I'd have guessed.

2019/20 - Four yellow cards
2020/21 - One yellow card and, ahem, one red.

You'd hope that he learned something from that red at Wolves, after the final whistle, and I'm sure he got a bollocking for it.

Aside from that, we've got a Covid-y winter to get through too - we might need some good fortune there.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd have absolutely said that Maupay has more than a touch of petulance about him and is always a red card waiting to happen, but having just checked his disciplinary record with us, it's actually a lot better than I'd have guessed.

Its a bit like Ashley Barnes. You'd think he's a nightmare but actually hasn't been sent off for 5 years and a routine number of yellows.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Leicester (h)

We're 6-0 up v Brentford.
Inexplicably they're all on the pitch.
Even more bizarre they each have 2 goals.

On the 89th minute Lamptey gets upended for a penalty.

The resulting 3 way fight for the hattrick results in

1x career ender
1x season ender.
1x emergency trip to the hairdresser's.

(We go onto miss the penalty, but trot out winners 6-5, after a nerve jangling injury time)

5th up on MOTD.

What medication you on again

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But it's who those three strikers are. Surely you get that?

We have got one who has a pile of sicknote stencils signed by his mum to excuse him from PE. Another is quality but a hothead likely to go off at any time and pick up suspensions. And a third whose ambitions appear to lie at the hairdressers and headlining in the Sun rather than playing professional football.

Now do you understand where the problems might arise?

Welbeck indeed got quite a few injuries in his career. Not going to disagree its a concern - it is. But since turning into a competitive PL player in 11/12 he has averaged 23 PL games per season and not all of the games he missed was because of being injured. Its wrong to assume that he will be injured more than he wont. While he is prone, his proneness is over-exaggerated.

Maupay is apparently "likely to go off at any time and pick up suspensions"... Since arriving in England in 2017 - six years ago - Maupay has been suspended for a total of 7 games. In 2017/18 he played 42 out of 46 league games, in 2018/19 he played 43 out of 46 games, first season in Brighton he played in all but one of the league games and last season he played 33 out of 38.

Connolly... I dont read The Sun, but I've seen a talented 21 year old who despite his youth and inexperience scores 0.21 goals per 90 minute in the PL (NM and DW 0.33) and who could likely improve on that since players, you know... develop.

Is this a fantastic Premier League trio? It is not.

Does it make me want to wet my bed, do I think Graham Potter will resign over it, do I think TB and the recruitment team should be hanged, do I think other bottom half clubs will be all that much better? I do not.

The situation is very overdramatized and could be equalled to the kiddo on christmas who cries and screams out its hatred over not getting some shiny new toy. Kiddo might percieve it as the end of the world, but will in due time realise that it wasnt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What medication you on again

The kind that wants to induce a little light-hearted relief, hence the thread being in 'humour'.

Sadly though for that to happen others have to have a heart.

Well at least I tried to lift the mood and thanks to those that tried to help.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

You are being wilfully disingenuous, as usual. This stuff is why people don't like you.

Our three strikers are ****. I would rather have the strikers of any of the clubs you've listed above ahead of what we've got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here