• At home to Bristol City

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Away at Villa

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
No no no no no. Stop this nonsense. You may as well stand up and shout "nothing can go wrong now." I'm still cautiously optimistic that we have enough points to avoid relegation.

If we don't go up, which is by no means a certainty, I fully expect the Palace trolls to bounce all these threads with much hilarity, and they would be absolutely justified.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strewth. Hardly the point but to satisft the nit picking, my first game I was taken to as a kid was actually the replay against Man U.

I should have said 34 years ago but 2017 is my 35th year of watching The Albion.

So why does your profile state Blackburn Rovers 1984

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Strewth. Hardly the point but to satisft the nit picking, my first game I was taken to as a kid was actually the replay against Man U.

I should have said 34 years ago but 2017 is my 35th year of watching The Albion.

Fair enough, but with your grasp of numbers I'm not sure your predictions about 'when' we'll be promoted are worth much. Daft thread anyway, as everyone else has pointed out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
6-0 in thumbs so far, who is the tool in all of this ?

Make that 7

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I couldn't give a shit. Your poll is the worst I've ever seen.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Don't give a monkeys what other fans think. If I did, I would post it on their forum, not ours!

As for not 'having threads like this' if I'm honest, in 35 years of watching Brighton, I have only dreamed of being able to watch them play in the top league. Of course we are going to talk about it happening and speculate on the probability of it. And where better than on NSC?

We should celebrate the fact this is even a discussion point without hiding away and being all miserable, not even daring to contemplate our dreams.

I think it's more to do with not wanting to jinx our chances. After all we've been close before only to fall away.
I can see your point but let's take one game at a time and see where we finish come May. February will be a pivotal month for me 7 games crammed into the shortest month.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Horrible fate-tempting hubris. No. Just no.

How many times have we seen teams chuck away leads?

Delete! Delete! Delete!

6-0 in thumbs so far, who is the tool in all of this ?

Make that 7

Ah, so this is now about your popularity?

If you 'get off' so much on a couple of dozen 'thumb up's' from anonymous persons on a message board.............

Bet honestly chaps. I'm not daft as my opening gambit acknowledged, but now, more than ever is a time to be enjoying the ride.

If you don't want to talk about the P word then what's this football malarkey all about?

As for 'jinxing' and 'superstition'. Well I respect the rights of others to believe in such things, but I don't.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

:facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bet honestly chaps. I'm not daft as my opening gambit acknowledged,
Debatable.
but now, more than ever is a time to be enjoying the ride.
Do you seriously think the rest of us aren't enjoying it? There's a difference between enjoying it and being smug while setting yourself up for a fall.

If you don't want to talk about the P word then what's this football malarkey all about?
It's being talked about in many threads, it's just not being taken for granted as if it's a done deal, because it isn't.

As for 'jinxing' and 'superstition'. Well I respect the rights of others to believe in such things, but I don't.
For me it's not about superstition. This board is not private, and if we discuss things as if we're already up (which clearly we're not even close to), other sites get wind of the arrogance, the press will write about it, people will tweet it, the players will hear of it and be under more pressure. That could cost us points, which would be pretty stupid.

As it is, the players are just going about their jobs one game at a time, as it should be. Let's let them carry on with that and see where it takes us.

Debatable.
Do you seriously think the rest of us aren't enjoying it? There's a difference between enjoying it and being smug while setting yourself up for a fall.

It's being talked about in many threads, it's just not being taken for granted as if it's a done deal, because it isn't.

For me it's not about superstition. This board is not private, and if we discuss things as if we're already up (which clearly we're not even close to), other sites get wind of the arrogance, the press will write about it, people will tweet it, the players will hear of it and be under more pressure. That could cost us points, which would be pretty stupid.

As it is, the players are just going about their jobs one game at a time, as it should be. Let's let them carry on with that and see where it takes us.

A reasoned response. But I do believe we are up as I stated. That's not me being especially smug, it's just how I see it. Yes, it creates an opportunity for Palace and dare I say Leeds or whoever would pip us if the worse did happen so have a complete fit of laughs at this. Not to mention some of the regulars on here to use this thread as the reason it didn't happen.

I stick by my prediction that it will happen and it's me that will have the egg on my face. Those who have slated me for starting this have already done enough to distance themselves from my viewpoint should it all go wrong, and I've no doubt those people will be referring to their replies if they were right!

As for the team, they are professionals doing a very professional job and I've no doubt they are taking one game at a time. It's clearly different for us fans, be it dreaming of over achieving or worrying about worse case scenarios.

With hindite, another option of 'not promoted' could have been added. It would have been interesting to see how many would have selected it. Bit like having a bet on the team we are playing to beat us, so soften the blow of defeat maybe......

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There are sme luvvies on this site. Some even think that someone posting this thread means champsionship football next year is more likely. :ffsparr:
For me its far too early to call, not sure why that should be the case for everyone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A reasoned response. But I do believe we are up as I stated. That's not me being especially smug, it's just how I see it.
If you just posted your opinion among everyone else's we'd have a variety of opinions. As it is you've created a poll where the only possible opinion people can give is that we're already up.

Yes, it creates an opportunity for Palace and dare I say Leeds or whoever would pip us if the worse did happen so have a complete fit of laughs at this.
It creates an opportunity for pressure to be put on our team.
As for the team, they are professionals doing a very professional job and I've no doubt they are taking one game at a time. It's clearly different for us fans, be it dreaming of over achieving or worrying about worse case scenarios.
I do agree that we are not the team, and we don't have to take each game as it comes the way they do, I just don't want us writing as if it's a done deal. It isn't. You know it isn't, or you'll have put every penny you can get your hands on with the bookies.

With hindite, another option of 'not promoted' could have been added.
That would have avoided the criticism.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I know the risk (actually the certainty) that I will be shouted down in a ball of fire for not 'taking one game at a time or being too cocky and counting chickens and all that, let alone opening the opportunity of fans of our promotion rivals so have a binfest at my posting this.

But, we WILL get promoted. But when will it happen?

For me, it will against Wigan on Easter Monday with us having to wait until the final game against Villa to win the title.

At which fixture will we win promotion to the Premier League?

Poll to follow

I played and voted Wigan .... nothing whatsoever to do with arrogance, just a belief that we can do it and I'm confident that we will. That may come back to haunt and if it does I'm not about to feel any responsibility for the reversal of fortune

For those slating the OP you might also want to slate the combined world of TV, press and other media as well as the bookies; pretty well all of whom seem to think we home and hosed

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For those slating the OP then you might also want to slate the combined world of TV, press and other media as well as the bookies; pretty well all of whom seem to think we home and hosed
Can you show me where they say we're 100% going up please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here