Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season Friendlies 2020-21: First team, U-23s and U-18s

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
1st Team:

Saturday August 22 v Portsmouth (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing) - Won 3-0

St Andrews University training camp August 24 to 28

Saturday August 29 Kick-off: 3pm v Chelsea (Venue: Amex Stadium) - Drew 1-1
Saturday September 5 Kick-off: 3pm v WBA (Venue: Amex Stadium, Behind Closed Doors)

U-23s:

Wednesday August 19 v Whitehawk (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing) - Won 1-0
Tuesday August 25 v Fulham (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing) - Won 2-0
Wednesday September 2 v AFC Bournemouth (Venue: ?)

U-18s:

Saturday August 22 v Fulham (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing)
Saturday August 29 v Millwall (Venue: Amex Training Ground, Lancing)

Anyone heard of any more fixtures?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I believe the WBA pre season is on Albion TV again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good to know one of them has that in their locker :thumbsup: Even if my faint hopes for an Izquierdo comeback have just been extinguished:lolol:

Guessing it was Weir?

I wasn't exactly certain where Weir tended to play. There is an interesting article about him by Naylor in the Athletic today - Brighton’s breakthrough star – Jensen Weir

His manager at Wigan, Paul Cook, states that his appearances in the Wigan first-team were at right-back, although he doesn't see him playing there in future. Cook sees him as a central midfielder.

Given the description of that goal against Fulham, I'd be more inclined to think it would have been Stefan Vukoje - but I'd be guessing.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I wasn't exactly certain where Weir tended to play. There is an interesting article about him by Naylor in the Athletic today - Brighton’s breakthrough star – Jensen Weir

His manager at Wigan, Paul Cook, states that his appearances in the Wigan first-team were at right-back, although he doesn't see him playing there in future. Cook sees him as a central midfielder.

Given the description of that goal against Fulham, I'd be more inclined to think it would have been Stefan Vukoje - but I'd be guessing.

Yeah i had heard somewhere he was a midfielder, probably on here, i would have said possibly from your good self as you seem to know far more about the yougsters than anyone else on here :thumbsup: But as you say you weren't certain, possibly not.

I only guessed at it being Weir as it was the opening goal and he was listed first. Cant access the report on the Athletic, too tight to pay for it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here