Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre match pubs near the station

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yep - I've watched us on Sky when an away game's been televised in the Welly. Great pub and screens all round it. Probably not even 5 mins walk from the station.

Only problem with the Welly these days is that it's full of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs fans who are DFL but now "local".

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My vote goes to Evening Star

Might not get 30 people in there though

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m organising a work trip for the Everton game and need to find a pub near the station for about 30 people. Needs to be big and welcoming to the uninitiated. I usually drive in a match day so have no idea.

I was thinking the Albert? Thoughts?

a friend of mine is looking for recommendations for an Italian restaurant to host 80 people - i said to him that is a big Ask :wave:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes if you went back 20+ years, Door staff anyone?
Regards
DF

The Welcoming Party inside and outside them for CP in Sept11 (just after the Amex opened), on a Monday, was numerous and lively to say the least. I kinda know a plasterer (not young) who took part in the all day drinking, followed by the events. Diehard Albion for many years, he’s been at that game for a long time.

Jan 30, 2008
The Welcoming Party inside and outside them for CP in Sept11 (just after the Amex opened), on a Monday, was numerous and lively to say the least. I kinda know a plasterer (not young) who took part in the all day drinking, followed by the events. Diehard Albion for many years, he’s been at that game for a long time.
That will be B then :wink:
regards
DF

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

That was a tremendous whoosh. So much so I almost thought it could be a double-whoosh, and so didn't comment on it.

Anyway, to the subject in hand. Its not strictly speaking a STATION pub, but I have become very partial to the Prince of Wales in Churchill Square. Its basically an adult creche for when the missus goes charging round the town centre, but what a delight it is. Small, warm, pokey, Sky, and some truly EXCELLENT home-cooked nosebag. Not the cheapest, but I've spent many a pleasant pre-match lunchtime in there, before mincing up to the station.

Don't tell everyone though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here