Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre Match Nerves Like Never Before!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's just another 3 points to be won or lost; don't let nerves spoil your enjoyment. This game is insignificant in comparison to Hereford.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
No nerves we either are good enough or not.

I think that's what I'm more nervous about. I used to have a season ticket and travel down from Reading all the time. I was never nervous.

But then we had a son and my wife was made redundant. As such I don't get to go as often (although now the wife is working again after 4 years training and son is 6). As such money has been a bit tight for a few years so I have to pick and chose my games.

5 hour round trip for a home game always gets me worried that we will get hammered and then I have the long journey back - it's not even a nice sight as the train pulls in to home!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For me Hereford was far worse but we were in a bad place then,the feeling same but also different,the match today has got me thinking and i was trying to see how important a game this is and have come to my conclusion,after much deliberation of course..

I pondered if it was our most important match since 1983,i questioned the 1985 season,the 1991 season,the 1993 season,the 2004 season and the very recent 2009 season with LLoyd Owouso..(that for me was perhaps the most important season in recent years)....so many and so many i have not listed too..

It's what we have to gain (something we have only come close to a few times before) so today's game is the most important since the 1991 play off defeat...

The result today (not in mathematical terms holds the key) WIN....and i am sure we will go straight up. a DRAW holds the balance towards settling for a play off place and a LOSS insures a play off place....

just a hunch..

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I over did it a bit last night. No nerves for me, I'm just looking forward to a bit of fresh air and some peace and quiet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe it's because we've looked ok against Burnley in recent games. We were by far the better team down here in the season they went up and should have drawn with them with nine men. The fixture up there in November was pretty even.

Probably the kiss of death, but we're unbeaten in 5 against them according to BBC match preview. Didn't realise that myself.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sunny day, full house, team going great guns, beer after then Misty in Roots live at Concorde2.
These days don't come around very often, I'm determined to enjoy it whatever the result.

By all means be nervous, but don't let those nerves turn into whinging if a pass goes astray. Be positive, get behind the team.

PG

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wonderful nights sleep the sun is shining no nerves.
This could of course change if we are hanging onto a one goal lead with Burnley camped in our half.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Struggling to recall a time, in 34 years of supporting Brighton, when I've been so anxious about a game before as I am about tomorrow!

Going to be an intense day!
It really is all or nothing and this is the biggest Amex game since the palace playoffs.
The weird thing is we rarely win the big pressure games and this could be the first.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Seagulls over UAE checking in.

Tense? Nervous? Headache?
All of the above.

But confident that the lads can and will do us proud today.

On behalf of those of us unable to be there today, make it loud throughout the whole game, whatever the score.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It really is all or nothing.

I'm sorry but how is it all or nothing?? Even if we lose we'll be two points off 2nd with 7 games left to play. Granted Boro have a game in hand but the way they've been playing they are hardly nailed on to win.

Yes it's a big game and yes I agree it's the biggest game at the Amex since Palace in the play offs. BUT it's far from all or nothing.

Win would be nice though and make it very interesting at the top.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm sorry but how is it all or nothing?? Even if we lose we'll be two points off 2nd with 7 games left to play. Granted Boro have a game in hand but the way they've been playing they are hardly nailed on to win.

Yes it's a big game and yes I agree it's the biggest game at the Amex since Palace in the play offs. BUT it's far from all or nothing.

Win would be nice though and make it very interesting at the top.
Nonsense...
We have a really tough run in and boro have 3 very winnable home games next and not to mention our poor goal difference which equates to an extra point.

Lose today and we have very little hope...just an opinion.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Spending a family weekend at the zoo as my wife has no concept of checking the football fixtures before making bookings! I will be getting ever so nervous while doing a jeep safari!!!:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here