Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre match meal for family of 4

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Unless they have hired a new cleaner in the last 2 months avoid The Black Lion like the plaque, the toilets were disgusting! Sticking a bucketful of toilet blocs in the urinals doesn't make them clean!
For a food establishment they really aren't good enough, oh and my wife tells me Ladies were equally as bad...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
1st ever visit to the completed Amex today and am bringing my family (other half and 6 yr old and 5 yr old). Wondering where is good for a pre match meal near the ground? We are driving from Suffolk down so are fully mobile, and then parking in the bridge car park.

Any kind people got any recommendations? If there's already a thread about this then be happy to be pointed in its direction.

So where did you end up?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not much near the ground. The Swan in Falmer village did very good burgers and cheesey chips the last time I was there (and a nice pint of Palmers real ale). Burger van and fish and chip van directly outside the ground if you want overpriced Withdean-era grub. Pies on the concourses. Or head back in to Brighton. Swan might be the best bet if you're parking in the bridge.

Too late for the match for the OP but, to add another option, the burgers and fish and chips etc on sale near the bandstand are excellent now.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Too late for the match for the OP but, to add another option, the burgers and fish and chips etc on sale near the bandstand are excellent now.

They do smell nice - but after a LARGE sausage roll and a few TOO many pints of Guinness :drink: in DICKS I haven't partaken of said establishments

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree, the problem comes when trying to eat them though, there isn't really anywhere to put them down outside, unless you try to take them into the ground of course, although it doesn't really get much easier there either. Those cardboard trays that the fish and chips are served in, are just so flimsy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Not tried the burgers for a while but there's nothing excellent about the fish. Had it before Brentford. Won't be returning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here