Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pre Christmas Dat Drinkies

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
were you originally called Shandy Boy?!!

Best wishes

:lolol:

No, I used to drink Guinness in the Welly before Withdean games because the bitter there was shit. The name is an ever-so-clever parody of long time NSC stalwart [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION]

That said I was certainly pissed on a shandy boy when I first started going away but it only takes a few trips to sort out one's tolerance!

Best wishes to you too!

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Starting on the Dark Star Revelation, then onto Creme Bruelle and finally Critical Mass.

Happy Christmas one and all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Oh Boy!! One bottle of Dark Star's Creme Brûlée to round the session off. What BLISS!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Merry Christmas mate......

Going to have a couple of glasses of fizz first to get me through the dreaded (her) family Zoom call. The *******s at Zoom have also switched to ‘unlimited time’ for Christmas on their free version so can’t even use the 40 minute timeout escape route [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Bloody Zoom! That should be illegal!

Have a good one my friend.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Not settled on a theme for today. Rum punch, Bailey's Martini, Whisky & coke for Lemmy's birthday, carrot juice and rum, now having a Gluhwein. I suspect there may be some more to come... Plenty of beer in for tomorrow.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Door 24 on my advent calendar gave birth to this beauty. It will be followed by a 2007 'Chateau La Crois De Gay' Pomerol. A fine gift from a fine colleague.

IMG_1567.jpg

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Am in that there Spain this Christmas with the missus' family. When heading to a Carrefour today i messaged to say: can you see if they have any IPA? Beer.
I had been hassling her to get some glue for our 3 year old to stick some stuff together with and she glanced at the message, presuming it a brand of glue. So no IPA sought for or claimed. Pah.
Luckily, her father worked in the wine trade and delivered endlessly are some bottles of beautiful Galician white wine. So i'll go through a bottle tonight i'd say, whilst noshing on all the non-meat presented, and particularly on the turrones and marzipan for afters.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Couple of beers, cheap IPAs from Liddles i believe, just going to finish of the wife's gin & tonic, no idea what make! Going REALLY cheap tonight.

Happy Christmas to all on NSC.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A couple of bottles of champagne during the day, a Piper Heidsieck and a Lanson, a bloody marvellous St Hallett Butchers Cart Shiraz with dinner and now a few tasty beers to finish off.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Pub lunchtime for Bedlam Pilsner, which I'd not tried before but was surprisingly good. And a couple of Rum chasers.

Now a bottle of Belgian Bush de Noël. Which at 12% may take my mind of it likely being April before I get to the pub again.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had a few Bombay Sapphires, just had a black Sambuca, now glugging a Mahou or two before a couple of Alhambra 1925 's

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Nah the Baileys is fine but when I returned home yesterday mom had just tested positive for covid and she started to get symptoms this morning... in vain Ive tried to avoid it by not being in the same room as her, but I definitely got it now as well... sucks.

Baileys was nice though - always drink it for christmas and havent touched alcohol for about a month, some kind of personal record I think, so I got a bit tipsy as well.

Yer drive me batshit mental Swansman but I really hope you're feeling better soon,I'll have even less to get cross about if your shite posts dry up so, merry christmas to you. Me, I've just broken into a 3 litre box of Jam Shed Shiraz,that'll do the trick hopefully.
Seasons Greetings one and all.:drink::bigwave::smile:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
A couple of bottles of champagne during the day, a Piper Heidsieck and a Lanson, a bloody marvellous St Hallett Butchers Cart Shiraz with dinner and now a few tasty beers to finish off.

Beer and wine - you'll be fine. But wine and then beer. Oh, not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here