Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Praise indeed

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t think anyone is getting smug. Excited, yes, feeling positive, yes, but I don’t think anyone’s entered the arrogance race yet.

Exactly. Cautious, nervous anticipation.......but no smugness and full recognition season will likely be at least as tough as last season. Club have been absolutely meticulous in the prep though, which is all we can ask really.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know TB wants more, but 17th will do for me.

TB seems to have been right a lot more often than me in the past though ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
“Loving Everton’s business this summer. Here’s an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.”

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indeed a very interesting article, the recruitment team have certainly provided their half of the bargain, but now let's hope that the players they recruited, do there's too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At the time of writing, Brighton have signed more players (eight) than any other club in the Premier League this transfer window.

This sentence got me - despite this, we've had barely a mention in the media about our business relative to other clubs. I suspect once the 'end of window' round-up articles start to appear there might be more articles like this.

Sky Sports News said the Albion were joint top when it came to bringing new players in (although they did include Percy who obviously(!) went to AZ as part of the Ali deal. Oh...

Anyway, I think that article is being realistic without getting carried away with the 'They mustn’t be complacent in their facing up to second season syndrome, but they are about as well-equipped as they could be to see it off"' line. Personally I'd be happy to finish 17th and anything else is a bonus. I guess the good thing is that the recruitment department seems to know exactly what it's doing and have obviously put a LOT of effort into ensuring these players fit in. Fingers crossed!

As for Richard Keys – he's just a hairy buffoon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hmmm. Lets get to 40 points before we start getting too smug about our transfer activity. Lest we forget everyone saying how well Everton recruited last summer...

I can’t be arsed to wait that long I’m afraid.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
“Loving Everton’s business this summer. Here’s an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.”

Unless I’m wrong Everton’s only signing so far has been Richarlison and they have let a few go out. Liverpool have strengthened considerably. Alisson, Keira and Fabinho are great signings and to a lesser extent Shaquiri will add flair. I really can’t see Everton finishing above Liverpool this year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The vision that Tony Bloom has for our club goes beyond the fans expectations and every minute detail of the DNA of this club is geared towards progression. As said in the article there are never guarantees in the toughest league in the world but the club is giving itself every chance of success and progression.

Great article and the next step will be bringing players through the ranks to match Southampton’s previous success.

Let's hope you're right about that next step rather than the one Southampton actually took, which was continuing to sell their best players and replacing them with crap.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm. Lets get to 40 points before we start getting too smug about our transfer activity. Lest we forget everyone saying how well Everton recruited last summer...

Actually, I thought the consensus was they didn't replace Lukaku, so had a big gap in their squad...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sky Sports News said the Albion were joint top when it came to bringing new players in (although they did include Percy who obviously(!) went to AZ as part of the Ali deal. Oh...

Anyway, I think that article is being realistic without getting carried away with the 'They mustn’t be complacent in their facing up to second season syndrome, but they are about as well-equipped as they could be to see it off"' line. Personally I'd be happy to finish 17th and anything else is a bonus. I guess the good thing is that the recruitment department seems to know exactly what it's doing and have obviously put a LOT of effort into ensuring these players fit in. Fingers crossed!

I think with yesterday’s signing we went too with nine ..but as you said it included Percy a goalie who will be no where near the first team squad and two other goalies who replaced the two we lost

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would love to see it. Always felt sorry for Everton fans, living in the shadow of their brash and far more successful neighbours from across Stanley Park.

Really? Everton were always the bigger club till the late 70s and Liverpool's European dominance. Phil Taylor's reds were languishing in divison 2 in the late 50s. When Littlewoods owned them, Everton were the richest club in England (70s). If any club were arrogant and had a sense of entitlement it was them. Also they were one of the very last clubs (along with Uncle Jack's Blackburn) to field black players. And their fans (until very recently) always looked (on Sky) like a load of stubbly-faced overweight badly tattooed sqwarking pikeys. And the blokes were little better.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unless I’m wrong Everton’s only signing so far has been Richarlison and they have let a few go out. Liverpool have strengthened considerably. Alisson, Keira and Fabinho are great signings and to a lesser extent Shaquiri will add flair. I really can’t see Everton finishing above Liverpool this year.

I think that was the hairy buffoon's(©Greg Bobkin) prediction last summer

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Any man who has to shave the back of his hands probably has weird views about women, and shouldn't be allowed on telly.

Oh.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Really? Everton were always the bigger club till the late 70s and Liverpool's European dominance. Phil Taylor's reds were languishing in divison 2 in the late 50s. When Littlewoods owned them, Everton were the richest club in England (70s). If any club were arrogant and had a sense of entitlement it was them. Also they were one of the very last clubs (along with Uncle Jack's Blackburn) to field black players. And their fans (until very recently) always looked (on Sky) like a load of stubbly-faced overweight badly tattooed sqwarking pikeys. And the blokes were little better.

What a nasty racist comment, full of hatred

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Any man who has to shave the back of his hands probably has weird views about women, and shouldn't be allowed on telly.

Oh.

Now having an affair with his daughters best friend. He's an early call for you - divorce is on the cards.

:nono:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Spot on. Transfer activity doesn't win you a single point. Every time a club has a large influx of players I think of Everton, or even Spurs with the Gareth Bale money.
Exciting times though & CH will hopefully get the best out of what we now have. Really hoping Locadia comes good as well or he could be the most expensive forgotten man in the league.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pikeys is a racist word, as much as the n word.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can’t be arsed to wait that long I’m afraid.

Ha! Yeah, I know what you mean. Although I said above I'm 'quietly confident' and I'm trying not to get carried away with all the new signings, the 'kid at Christmas' part of me thinks "We're gonna piss this league this year!" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here