Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prague or Krakow?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Whats cheap here is food and drink....

And hotels. Paid €55 for a double in a palatial 4-star about 200 m from the old square this February.

Paid €95 for something similar in Krakow about a year earlier.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could do with some Krakow NSC Top Tips, as I'm going there for the first time, next weekend.

It's got a lot of competition as I love Prague and have been loads of times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bernard v Zywiec

X-Beer 33 v Tyskie

Oldgott v Okocim

U Fleku v Zubr

4-0 Prague in my books... Before half time and Pivovarsky Dum comes on as a late super-sub for the Czechs.

U Fleku.......... now you`re talking. Oompah oompah stick it up your jumper. That goes down soooooo easily that stuff.
We emptied a few 'tall tubes in Piv as well.... great beer.

Only had one decent dark beer in Krakov so stuck to vodka most of the time. Krakov wins for that though.(stay in Kazamierz and go to Alchemia - great bar, but very different)

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
been to both.

i'd choose Prague again but not go at the weekend and avoid the city centre hotels, bars and eats. castle is lovely of course as is a boat trip. it was awesome in '94 but less so in 2006 when i last went. just expect tack and sex of course.

i enjoyed krakow, salt mines was an excellent trip too. you will go to Auschwitz because it's important and you should. it will be grim and it will ruin the whole vibe of your holiday, it's inevitable. hence, go to Prague!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
been to both.

i'd choose Prague again but not go at the weekend and avoid the city centre hotels, bars and eats. castle is lovely of course as is a boat trip. it was awesome in '94 but less so in 2006 when i last went. just expect tack and sex of course.

i enjoyed krakow, salt mines was an excellent trip too. you will go to Auschwitz because it's important and you should. it will be grim and it will ruin the whole vibe of your holiday, it's inevitable. hence, go to Prague!

We went to Auschwitz the day before we left. Important not to go early in your break as it will almost certainly affect you much more than you could ever have imagined.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Krakow.

Got back a couple of weeks ago and it was brilliant - lively, families and young 'uns alike, cheap as chips, upmarket, has the most amazing and MASSIVE old town square surrounded by restaurants and beer places, cheap lovely accommodation... the list goes on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any 'massive old town square' recommendations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here