Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Practically Impossible German Music Challenge

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Also tried asking a load of people over here in sunny Germany.. No-one has got it so far.. Any other info???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No help on the 'mission' sorry, but just like to say these puns are so much better than the usual fish rubbish. NSC at it's finest for sure and can only wish you luck in your search...... be so awesome if you get an answer. I'll certainly be listening to some of the suggested bands while working from home Monday

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The latest on this conundrum...

i forwared it to some of my music friends (hope that´s okay...), no success so far. first we thought it might be the band tocotronic, but it seems like there is no song like that. is the tape still in existance? i have to say: this is quite a challenge...!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Blank tape, sadly.

I have to say I'm humbled at the effort that NSC is putting into this.

I'll give Tocotronic a go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bonn Jovi?

Ber-Linda Ronstatt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:
Are your going to Peter Broetzmann, who this thread's title might have been devised for?

Hi there. I am trying to get advance tickets for this gig but it's proving difficult so I'm going to cycle to the venue tonight and see if there sell any there. My interest has been stoked as he gets a name check in a Neneh Cherry RocketNumber9 album review and when I recently looked him up on Wiki I recognised the name of his son Casper. It turns out I have seen him perform with Blixa Bargeld; Blixa had this avant jazz trio which the Frau took me to see early last year. I'll keep you posted.

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
Doesnt the "new" Shazam accept you singing the tune ? I know there's one app that does - is it "Soundhound"?
Good luck anyway

The Soundhound app can recognise a sing/hum/whistle (using the orange search) or lyrics (using the black text box)

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Thought it might be this bunch; German and sound like Oasis, but all their songs are in English. They've actually got some quality tunes of their own though - check out Heartbeater and Shadow Dancer: https://soundcloud.com/atomic-official

Mando Diao are a Swedish band who've been around since the late 90's, sound quite a lot like Oasis and are big in Germany, but I don't really know much of their stuff.

Also, The Sheer from Holland have obvious Oasis influences, are popular in Germany and fit your timeframe... but frankly I really don't like Oasis so haven't got a clue.

You sure it's not by this bunch of old-timers?

OK, they sound a lot more like Blink 182 or Good Charlotte on this track, but they don't always...

Like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here