Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPI Reclaims

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Getting loads of firms phoning about claiming back PPI and any credit card charges for over limit late payment etc. They seem to do it on a no win no fee basis with a charge of about 30% of any money recouped. So 70% is better than none so what are the catches and pitfalls.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Do it yourself, don't let them have 30% of your money for something you can easily do yourself. Search money saving expert website for guides to claiming PPI back, they even have example letters/forms to fill out to send to your bank or insurance company. I did it a few years ago and the repayment cleared the loan over a year early and left me with just over a grand in my pocket afterwards.

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
Getting loads of firms phoning about claiming back PPI and any credit card charges for over limit late payment etc. They seem to do it on a no win no fee basis with a charge of about 30% of any money recouped. So 70% is better than none so what are the catches and pitfalls.

They sign you up on a fee per month (my mate was £70pm), with the promise of claiming back thousands....year later, it'll have cost you £700 and you'll be no closer to getting your money.

Load of bollocks if you ask me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One firm has sent me forms to fill in and return. I dont know if I ever paid any PPI and they said they could find out and claim it back and wanted no fee just 30% of any money reclaimed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One firm has sent me forms to fill in and return. I dont know if I ever paid any PPI and they said they could find out and claim it back and wanted no fee just 30% of any money reclaimed.

Get real BG, they a are business out to make money and you are their prey so don't give them the pleasure.

Some spiv from Manchester rang me claiming he could help me with my recent accident claim - like when ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I realise they are in business to make money but if they get back £100 why shouldnt they charge £30 to do this and according to them if they dont recpoup any money there is no charge. I assume they will only take on a case if they are fairly certain they will win. If not what have you lost?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I realise they are in business to make money but if they get back £100 why shouldnt they charge £30 to do this and according to them if they dont recpoup any money there is no charge. I assume they will only take on a case if they are fairly certain they will win. If not what have you lost?

Ok well if so sure then do it, why ask on here then ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You don't lose anything other than the price of a stamp if you try yourself and fail.

Paying 30% of the claim for someone to write a few letters is insanity.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my sister recouped just over £1000 net but now finds that she is unable to get another credit card or loans. The rate of interest on her husband's credit card has increased and he is unable to get his credit limit raised. I guess it depends on your circumstances whether it is worth it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

These are the same cvnts persuading people that watch daytime tv to claim for whiplash on non existent accidents which costs every honest person £90 pa extra in car insurance.

They are parasitic scum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So to summarise if you do it your credit card rating goes west, you decide

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can be 100% certain that they have also sold on your phone number and address details in various mailing lists which the con merchants use to target the gullible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here