Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyets relationship to the fans, and sundays game re: suarez....

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
poyet has rarely said too much about the brighton fans, in fact, he has been pissed off with them a few times.

on sunday if everyone hammers suarez, one of poyets mates, i feel this wont do poyets long term chances of wanting to stick around any good.

have a think before you slag off suarez sunday lucky ticket holders.

golden-ticket-lrg.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's got nothing to do with us and has been going on for far too long already. Surely that's the main reason not to bait him?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I agree the 'racism' issue shouldn't be brought up, it's nothing to do with us. But baiting Suarez via normal football banter should be encouraged, as well as Gerrard, Bellamy, Carroll etc.

Get inside their heads!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
"Can you see Craig Bellamy's Neck?
All I see is a sheep shagging wreck"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
poyet has rarely said too much about the brighton fans, in fact, he has been pissed off with them a few times.

on sunday if everyone hammers suarez, one of poyets mates, i feel this wont do poyets long term chances of wanting to stick around any good.

So you're saying that Poyet has no particular regard for BHA fans but that we should tread around him on eggshells just in case we piss him off? Utterly absured - give Suarez as much grief as you can I say just to piss Poyet off.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
So racism in football is nothing to do with us? That's good to know...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wouldn't worry about Gus getting upset with the antics of the Stripey Army on Merseyside. I've no doubt that he'll just put any banter towards Suarez down to cultural differences. :wink:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
what do you recommend when Suarez flings himself on the floor then runs at the ref waving an imaginary red card everytime Greer tackles him fairly?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
calling someone a negrito IN LATIN AMERICAN CULTURE is not rascist......the english, who colonised countries, shot indians, blacks, had slaves etc etc was all very rascist. But brush all that under the carpet, and lets go for a young man who has not adjusted to england yet fully.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus has said, words to the effect of:-

'We've sold out the ground, I don't have to please the fans'.

He's not wrong, there's only 1 person Gus has to answer to.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm just hoping Gus doesn't go to the media in the build up to the game trying to defend Suarez. Suarez apologised, Dalglish apologised, Liverpool apologised and Man Utd accepted the apology.

Please Gus, dont stir it up again (like last time) and just concentrate on soccering those scouser dins!!:albion2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What's Suarez ever done towards BHAFC??
Nothing.
End of...!! Leave him alone.

I'm pretty sure anyone who backed Suarez in all this is feeling pretty let down now. I actually felt really sorry for Kenny Dalglish over the weekend, he really didn't deserve that, after standing steadfast behind his player. His apology yesterday sounded heartfelt, and he must be bitterly disappointed that Suarez effectively duped everyone into thinking he was going to shake.

I doubt even Gus could get behind Suarez after that.

p.s. like to see what this thread is like if Suarez takes one of his 'tumbles' on Sunday!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
calling someone a negrito IN LATIN AMERICAN CULTURE is not rascist......the english, who colonised countries, shot indians, blacks, had slaves etc etc was all very rascist. But brush all that under the carpet, and lets go for a young man who has not adjusted to england yet fully.

So the fact he has been told this by many people, banned for 8 games because of it and it's been in the British media for the week before the re-match at the weekend he STILL refused a hand shake means it's 'cultural differences'? Right......

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I cannot really explain the way I feel about mancs, regarding football.
However I can only say that I was embarrassed to be a football fan on Saturday, let alone a LFC one. I will be at Anfield, and I only hope that Albion fans can do what neither LFC or the manc fans could do and show the game some respect by leaving things be.
For good or bad I don't think we will see Suarez at Anfield next season so I want to enjoy his time left here and see a great player do what he should do best.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So the fact he has been told this by many people, banned for 8 games because of it and it's been in the British media for the week before the re-match at the weekend he STILL refused a hand shake means it's 'cultural differences'? Right......

Didn't want to quote anyone on this again but please. Suarez was not banned for any racist comments, fact. In South America "Negrito or Negrao" are both acceptable terms, such as "Mate or Mucker".
My South american wife and children will tell you the same thing.
As to not shaking his hand, he lied to the club, Kenny and his teamates which is why he will be sold in the summer. Time to move on, nothing more to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here