Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's "brilliant contacts"

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You win. I give up. Not much point daring to have an opinion if all it's going to do is get you abuse.

:laugh:
You slag of all and sundry, post 'steaming turd' in a thread about Poyet and then sulk like seven year old when you get some abuse back.

As the time old saying goes ... 'if you can't take it, don't give it out'

Since when has the steaming turd post been a reasoned opinion.

I had thought that you just like the attention and stick, now I'm not so sure ... I suspect it is because you're just not very bright.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it's so much your opinion that gets you abuse, rather the sensationalist and hyperbolic(?if that's a word...) way in which you express it. I'm fairly sure this has been pointed out before, so...

Quite. There are definitely posters on here MORE negative than you, but you choose time and time again to post in a deliberately provocative, sensationalist and attention-seeking manner, and the abuse you receive is due to those factors.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite. There are definitely posters on here MORE negative than you, but you choose time and time again to post in a deliberately provocative, sensationalist and attention-seeking manner, and the abuse you receive is due to those factors.

It is hard to argue but I think that at the end of the day WW is genuinely concerned about the club even if he lacks tact.

P.S No I haven't shagged his mother !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned in the transfer market. Other aspects of him I like and respect, but so far in terms of players signed he's been a calamity. I'm not sure what's worse - the fact we've hardly signed anyone or that those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. Carole? Someone from Cambridge? El Abd on a new deal? No midfielder at all? The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

Great post

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The amazing thing with WW and my main criticism of him is that he always looks for the negative in a situation, EVEN if its a positive situation. this is a prime example of that fact. quality multimillion pound midfielder signs and he always pops up with someone negative.

Oh yes and also he wants players to fail so that he can boast about being right all along. :tosser:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You win. I give up. Not much point daring to have an opinion if all it's going to do is get you abuse.

??? :facepalm:
For what it's worth, I think people are revelling in the delight of this thread a bit much, and it's a little bit pathetic. Obviously, WW and I don't see eye to eye much and some of his responses to my opinions haven't exactly been in proportion. Much like the responses in this thread haven't been. I hope he actually learns something from this thread.

I hope Poyet can find us one hell of a goalie to replace the injured FDM.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
??? :facepalm:
For what it's worth, I think people are revelling in the delight of this thread a bit much, and it's a little bit pathetic. Obviously, WW and I don't see eye to eye much and some of his responses to my opinions haven't exactly been in proportion. Much like the responses in this thread haven't been. I hope he actually learns something from this thread.

I hope Poyet can find us one hell of a goalie to replace the injured FDM.

I think it is being over-exaggerated on purpose - as you say, perhaps to learn not to speak too loudly, too soon..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it is being over-exaggerated on purpose - as you say, perhaps to learn not to speak too loudly, too soon..

I think it's a bit harsh, and as I said, not really in proportion. It's siege mentality, really. Everyone getting involved to take the piss.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
For what its worth I think Gus is fanfuckingtastic & has made this a club to reakon with for the remainder of the season & instilled true hope of us getting out of this league the right way next.
I do hope that now everyone will get behind him & our team & increase the chances of this happening. The crowd can be the 12th player....make it so.

And stop bouncing this thread its pointless & unnecessary.:lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I think it's a bit harsh, and as I said, not really in proportion. It's siege mentality, really. Everyone getting involved to take the piss.

Cause and effect youngman, cause and effect. I think the bouncing of this thread is because people have been so pissed of with his negativity that a little revenge is in order. Personally, WW is annoying TCB on the other hand is an arse of the highest order. Come Monday this thread will be dead and gone, though I suspect that if WW gets stupid again it will no doubt surface again.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008

I'll admit to my share of piss takery and also that it's been a bit harsh at times, for me Southover Street Seagull summed it up perfectly in post 225.
I've bought a ticket off WW and he seemed a decent chap & not the overweight geek (paraphrased) that one thread suggested.
He does tend to leave himself open to criticism maybe due to misplaced passion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll admit to my share of piss takery and also that it's been a bit harsh at times, for me Southover Street Seagull summed it up perfectly in post 225.
I've bought a ticket off WW and he seemed a decent chap & not the overweight geek (paraphrased) that one thread suggested.
He does tend to leave himself open to criticism maybe due to misplaced passion.
Yeah sorry about that. Maybe I was a bit harsh.

To be honest, his miserableness doesn't even annoy me that much really, but sometimes it seems he represents the very worst of NSC when it comes to footballing matters. This thread is case in point, seemingly based entirely on the fact that we didn't get Michael Ballack or Theo Walcott in the transfer window.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally I think you have a choice, you see a thread started by the usual suspects just don't read it. By getting a reaction these people feel justified so the best thing is to IGNORE them. If you agree say so, it's free speech.

kjgood

Are you really fans?

I cant believe some of the abuse and comments posted in this thread by fans? of B&HA.

Yes its been really poor for the last few years (20) and yes we have a bad stadium (if you can call it that) but:

We have a club and a team, the standard doesnt really matter, we still have a team! which didnt look likely a short time ago.

We are playing football in our home towns again (Brighton and Hove), no travelling to Gillingham.

We have a stadium going up, a stadium we can be proud of.

Results are improving, even considering the opposition, having played the leading teams quite a bit recently and our league table position is improving, as is performance.

Manchester United is £80 million in debt, our funding is assured. Other clubs portsmouth and chester are going/gone down the tubes, we are not.

If you have ever had the task of coming in and turning a business around, you will understand that it takes time. It takes time to build any successful team in business as well as in football.

Everything from premises, to finance, to structure, to performance, is improving with visible results everywhere. The current management is fixing the issues of old and attempting to build for the future, get off their backs and let them get on with it!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I cant believe some of the abuse and comments posted in this thread by fans? of B&HA.

Yes its been really poor for the last few years (20) and yes we have a bad stadium (if you can call it that) but:

We have a club and a team, the standard doesnt really matter, we still have a team! which didnt look likely a short time ago.

We are playing football in our home towns again (Brighton and Hove), no travelling to Gillingham.

We have a stadium going up, a stadium we can be proud of.

Results are improving, even considering the opposition, having played the leading teams quite a bit recently and our league table position is improving, as is performance.

Manchester United is £80 million in debt, our funding is assured. Other clubs portsmouth and chester are going/gone down the tubes, we are not.

If you have ever had the task of coming in and turning a business around, you will understand that it takes time. It takes time to build any successful team in business as well as in football.

Everything from premises, to finance, to structure, to performance, is improving with visible results everywhere. The current management is fixing the issues of old and attempting to build for the future, get off their backs and let them get on with it!

have you actually read this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here